2015 BMW 228i

Mikeyfivetinter

I have had to use carbon a couple of times in a bind. Just have to make sure not to put a lot of pressure while making cuts. Problem that I have found with carbon blades is if the get a little wet, they start to rust which will definitely scratch glass no matter how careful you are.

Now you guys are just guessing. Film was cut on the outside right after shrink just like its supposed to be done. It may have been my fault with the blade, but been using them with no issue to this point, maybe I just got a bad one. Actually, I did the quarter glass with same blades and no issue.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this one.

Oh and tintcracker, you've never scratched a back glass? How long have you been tinting?

Well I haven't scratched a back glass. But I have scratched a quarter window. And the customer didn't care. But it scared the crap outta me, and haven't let it happen again.

But for safe measure, I always snap my blades and I don't use carbon blades.

And in all honesty, I haven't been tinting for more than a year and a half but I've been tinting a minimum of 3 full cars a day for a year of that. And mostly new cars.

Yeah, it sucks if it happens, but I guess we've been lucky up to this point. This is the first piece of glass I've had to replace in 13 years, although we have had to replace some belt mouldings that got too hot from the heat gun. I think in the end the customer appreciated that we took care of it right away, but yeah, costly mistake on my end.

Sound like your really careful which is a good thing.

Archived