Don't ya hate it when.......

How I didn't get my finger tips all cut up is beyond me??  

I tinted the drivers side of a small Buick SUV.  Moved to the passenger side, and during the razor blading, I hear scratches or pits.  I tell the customer before installing, as to not get blamed for anything.  

I do the install, and as I am cleaning and drying the door panel.  The towel pulls up something from the sweep.   :?  Hmmm, that looks like glass??  I also notice the tint has been scratched rather bad by the cloth.  Again, hmmmm?? 

I reach to move the debris the towel has revealed, and it turns out to be a shard from a beer bottle!!   :gasp

Now ---- scratches on the inside of the passenger window --plus-- beer bottle shards in the sweep =equals=    :idea

post-28358-0-40699300-1471381480_thumb.j

This is only part of what I had already cleaned up before I realized I needed to take a picture.  There was A LOT OF GLASS!! 

Edited by Bham

On Thursday afternoon after playing phone tag with  a GC for days to get an install date on a project and he says we will be ready for film in 2 weeks,. Ok thanks . Locked in for 2nd last week of November.

Friday 9:30 AM . Hey I just got a call from the Store to get the film we talked about yesterday. Yeah they pulled 100 feet of shelving and stock away from the glass LAST NIGHT so you can get to the glass TODAY.

:facepalm2

Everyone loves the stupid customer stories.  Thank you @WearTheFoxHat for this thread.  Nice one. :thumb2 

Here's a good one for a Monday in the middle of the week.

:phone  Hey it's so & so,,,, can you give me deal on my brand new Corolla?  

Me = Sure.  It will be $--- and I can do it on XX  

:-] = Okay.  Thanks.  

Fast foward to this morning............  

:-] =  Hi, I had an appointment for tint on my Corolla.  

Me = sure, No problem.  How dark would were you wanting to go?   

:-] =  I want it as dark as you can get it.  :blink  

Me = ( sighs under breath )  Naturally.  ( still sighing )  Great ,,,, here we go.  

Me = I'm sorry I can't do limo tint on that car at that price. :nope  

:-] = Well how much more are we talking?  

Me = ( still somewhat sighing )  It will be $---  and as soon as I said this,,, I look at the car from around the truck blocking it , AND,,,,,,,,   

Me =  Hey, wait a second. ? :blink  This car is already tinted.  All the way around. :?   

:-] = Well it came from the factory that way. :eyetwitch  

Me = No Sir.  The dealership added aftermarket tint.  If you want it darker,,, now we are talking about a Remove & Replace  and it will be  $--- 

:-] = :ohcrap  

Me = knock knock.gif