Pulling lower door panel seals, Removing door panels, and Tucking film

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say since this thread started ,ive been tucking more film than ever just to have it down better as i do prefer to pull seals. So thanks again to this forum for ur influence! Nice vid jh812. Those clips are so strong on those new chevys aint they.makes me miss the 99 and up to 06 chevy door panels.

Most seals can be removed just by simply pulling back on the panel at the top working from one side to the other. Some you have to remove the screw behind the door handle (most jeeps, older Hondas) the new Malibu and Impala comes out pretty easy just prying back the top and pulling the seals. I see it done every day now, with the seals out you don't need to shrink but I do it anyways just for piece of mind. I still wipe down everything the film can come in contact with during installation and lay liner on top of panel for added security. I curl the film inwards to eliminate pinches. I'll post a pic tomorrow of one so you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about.

What about pulling the seals makes it where you don't have to shrink?  I see this all the time but not sure how the concept works?  I am interested in pulling seals especially on Toys and Hondas as they are so friggin tight but wonderin if it is worth it.  but if you don't have to shrink and fight the seal it may be for sure.

Archived