Pulling lower door panel seals, Removing door panels, and Tucking film

Since I bought a plotter and have made durastic changes to my garage as in removed all dust making items saws,lawn equipment tools etc. I mop the floor before ever tint job squeege my glass boards before every time I lay film on them. my debris in the film is very little to none now. I still battle back windows with debris in corners. I tried to remove the rear deck and it takes a lot of time out of a job. I also have done reverse rolling tech and it helps alot but still get a lil from time to time. Does anybody on here remove rear decks? or am I wasting my time? the one thing I learned from not shrinking sides windows some times I get wicking and it drags dirt up into the tint from the bottom gasket . With popping panels I have had a good sucess rate but I still have yet to learn on how to pull the full release liner. to eliminate a small crease you need to work out later on in the job.

Not sure what you mean with pull the full release liner? If you mean you are leaving the liner on the bottom of the film then I suggest cutting the excess liner off and allow the liner to lay back onto the film. It allows the film to bend instead of pinch and when you pull the liner then you don't get the rolling pinch which can cause creasing.

I plot and use film design. Reliable for new cars, but older cars are never symmetrical so I don't think plotting them has any use anyways.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't touch the adhesive. I just sort of drape it over my hands. When maneuvering the film against the window you want to use finger tips. If you use too much hand surface then the film can grab. Now when it does grab you want to smack it side to side. If you try to push it it might release suddenly and you won't be able to react fast enough to stop your hand and you'll wreck the piece.

Yes and I hate the spark. I know some guys don't use the towels and completely swear against them. Me personally I can't tell any difference between when I use them on the squeegee and when I don't as far as debris goes. So I guess you can say old habits are hard to break because it's the way I was trained.

Archived