Dyed film that will last!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you SolarFX and Smarties for your replies.

Dyed Films are made by US, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China and India. Ten years ago, dyed films are passed off as USA-Films even though they might be from Taiwan, Korea or India. Now everybody has them.

This topic is about dyed films that will last or simply, DARK FILMS that will last.

In my very biased opinion

USA - the best is G4 and 3M-CS, the cheapest is probably ST Ex

Asia - the best is Mitsubishi, and there's nothing cheap from Japan :lol Few are willing to pay for the good chemicals from Japan. Most manufacturers flopped because they used inferior Carbon on the laminating adhesive or melted into the polyester to pass-off as dyed films.They are making tonnes of cheap dyed films or carbon films with the same hue and haze issues. :shoot1

I had some maxpro that was sitting around the shop for over a year. I used it for customers that beat me up over price and a couple cheap favors. We did a Challenger with it and had to redo the back window because a quarter of the top just fell off. I've seen it not stick to quarter inch dot matrix borders around back windows and quarter windows. For what it's worth,I used maxpro about 6 years ago for side jobs and never noticed this with fresh rolls.

So is anyone using MaxPro?

my question: which is better ASWF or Maxpro?

Definitely max pro. I've used both. ASWF sent some samples. Completely different feel, sound, static.

Do they come out of the same factory? I have no idea, but I can tell you they are different films.

Maxpro is better. It can peel up on the edge of the glass of rear windows though.

Especially with a dot matrix border.

Just curls off?

About three years ago maybe 3.5 we had several bad boxes from maxpro. The adhesive failure was crazy but they have fixed that issue. I think I may have to call Shawn today and get some samples of FX.

Archived