Customer Complaining of Mismatched Film - What Would You do?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always tell them that i will match them as close as possible but it is impossible to get an exact match due to the factory film being part of the glass. I assure them that i can get pretty damn close though.

I cannot recall noticing the green hue on these Toyotas though, except for the Prious. Those things are really green.

Most experienced tinters now a days should know that "clear glass" is always measuring 83-71% plus whatever you put on, so ideally a 55-35% film will be maybe 25 0r darker. What i tell my customers is the color will NEVER be the same, from the outside it will "match" but from inside looking out it will always look slightly off in color. 3m CS20 will be to dark. I always see that QDP 20 or 25% matches best. But never guarantee and exact match becuase customers will find a way to biatch at you.

use global qdp and have noticed the inside are off just as well. Nobody have comlained so far. I have tried the solar fx carbon and I feel sold on the global better imop. I always tell people that the film will match pretty damn close, and Inform them thet the factory glass has a light tint that plays a factor into color and a true percentage.  I also had a issue with a small mark on the film noticed it with the customer right as they were picking up the car. I felt bad but I pointed it out with confidence because it was notice able to me and offered to replace the film no charge. customer called back after 5 days and said they can't see anything and she appricates my honesty plus refered 2 friends. honesty is the best policy.

use global qdp and have noticed the inside are off just as well. Nobody have comlained so far. I have tried the solar fx carbon and I feel sold on the global better imop. I always tell people that the film will match pretty damn close, and Inform them thet the factory glass has a light tint that plays a factor into color and a true percentage.  I also had a issue with a small mark on the film noticed it with the customer right as they were picking up the car. I felt bad but I pointed it out with confidence because it was notice able to me and offered to replace the film no charge. customer called back after 5 days and said they can't see anything and she appricates my honesty plus refered 2 friends. honesty is the best policy.

my spelling sucks sorry, I am holding my newborn lol 

If I remember correctly, sungard has a film with the green hue that matches Toyotas almost perfectly. I'll do some digging to see if I can find the line, also Global has a slightly green hue to it also

The green hue is the problem, the fronts have it, the back end doesn't. 

Archived