2016 320i & 3M Crystalline

iFeghali

Hello there,

I am an end user who wants my car tinted. I am not a tinter.

I am buying 3M Crystalline CR50 from a remote dealer (no local dealer for) so before I place my order I would like some help.

First of all, can I do cuts like this (its a 60" roll):

8qJcRUa.png

Note that front and rear windshield goes in the direction of the rolling but lateral windows are 90 degress rotated.

Second, the sheet I'm buying is 60" x 98". It should suffice by my calculations. Any ideas ?

Thank you.

People, sorry I wasn't clear enough !

I am not going to do it myself ! I am just buying the film from a remote dealer and then I am gonna take it to a professional.

It's the third car I am gonna tint with this film. I already saw professionals screw it up. I know it's hard to do and expensive ;)

My question is whether this sheet I am buying will suffice (I can buy multiples of 50cm) and if the lateral windows can be cut like that (because someone told me in the past you can never cut in upright position). Again, I am not going to cut it myself. I will take it to the tint dude. I just want to make sure there are enough film.

Thank you.

Since you are taking it to a shop, I would ask them the amount of film to order...then I would double it.  Crystalline is a harder film to install, so if the shop does't already install it they will most likely mess it up the first go around.  The harder films take practice that most window tinters will not get perfectly the first go around.

Do you already have a qualified tinter who knows how to work with this film? If so, I'd contact him with your concerns.

Yes I do. But this is the problem... The previous guy who installed it for me (I was living in another state) told me the film must be cut following the rolling direction. The shop in my current city told me it only matter for the front and rear windshields... all other windows can be cut in any direction. So how do you guys do ?

This is important because it changes the amount of film I need, a lot.

Thanks for all the help.

Do you already have a qualified tinter who knows how to work with this film? If so, I'd contact him with your concerns.

Yes I do. But this is the problem... The previous guy who installed it for me (I was living in another state) told me the film must be cut following the rolling direction. The shop in my current city told me it only matter for the front and rear windshields... all other windows can be cut in any direction. So how do you guys do ?

This is important because it changes the amount of film I need, a lot.

Thanks for all the help.

both shops (previous city and current city) are used to work with Crystalline (they just don't sell it, that's why I have to buy the film myself).

thank you.

Archived