He must of thought I was a complete idiot

First, 3M represents products but, not necessarily those who sell their products.

Second, plotter patterns can be adjusted in size.

Third, you did the right thing by getting as far away from trainees as possible.

Fourth, cleaning any glue off is a very humbling experience.  :thumb

:yeah

If you really want 3M film on your truck click below and enter your zip and a radius you are willing to drive in the boxes provided

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Automotive/Crystalline-Automotive-Films/

Alternatively there are shops listed here on TD in your state. Looks like many have posted the shop name a long time ago. I'm not sure if our host updates the list if a shop like the one you have already been to goes belly up.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php/forum/300-south-carolina/

Unbelievable, that's exactly what I did and his name popped up first! Which makes me sick because 3m should know that they are backing this guy, he's also the only one listed in my area on the national tint association or whatever, they recommend him, or rather he signed up and his name pops up. I'm still scraping off glue, I can't get it done until it's all off or the other shop is gonna charge extra to scrape glue. Man this cat really stuck it to me, every other shop is booked up until Monday and I'll be cleaning up his mess this weekend and hoping this doesn't happen again. The worst thing is I don't have any more choices of shops to get 3m, I am considering calling or emailing them and letting them know who their new is behind, I can't believe he has made it this far without bad results, I guess his computer has cut out new vehicles and he done them decent, but there's no way he could of done too many, unless he's just stopped caring, I called a local shop and he said that there definitely won't be any light gaps in my tint, at least nothing like what he was saying was normal.. I'm gonna just get it done and forget this whole mess, I thought about yelp and Google reviews but I'm sure it won't take long and he will be known with this attitude.. The shop I'm talking to has Johnson sun something or the other, I bought some from him before this whole 3m tragedy and it looked good, so I guess it'll do, but it's not what I wanted and that pisses me off I have to settle, maybe I'll drive to Atlanta near my girlfriends house and have it done at one of the big shops with good reviews.

Unbelievable, that's exactly what I did and his name popped up first! Which makes me sick because 3m should know that they are backing this guy, he's also the only one listed in my area on the national tint association or whatever, they recommend him, or rather he signed up and his name pops up. I'm still scraping off glue, I can't get it done until it's all off or the other shop is gonna charge extra to scrape glue. Man this cat really stuck it to me, every other shop is booked up until Monday and I'll be cleaning up his mess this weekend and hoping this doesn't happen again. The worst thing is I don't have any more choices of shops to get 3m, I am considering calling or emailing them and letting them know who their new is behind, I can't believe he has made it this far without bad results, I guess his computer has cut out new vehicles and he done them decent, but there's no way he could of done too many, unless he's just stopped caring, I called a local shop and he said that there definitely won't be any light gaps in my tint, at least nothing like what he was saying was normal.. I'm gonna just get it done and forget this whole mess, I thought about yelp and Google reviews but I'm sure it won't take long and he will be known with this attitude.. The shop I'm talking to has Johnson sun something or the other, I bought some from him before this whole 3m tragedy and it looked good, so I guess it'll do, but it's not what I wanted and that pisses me off I have to settle, maybe I'll drive to Atlanta near my girlfriends house and have it done at one of the big shops with good reviews.

You might consider getting the top name in auto window film from Custom Sun Control in Marietta... Tell Harvey I sent you.

Edited by smartie2shoes

I am sitting in the waiting room of tint plus in Anderson sc, I called the owner and stopped by, he called an hour later and here I sit, he's been tinting 20 something years and definitely gives off that professional attitude I was looking for. He has other guys working with him but is doing it personally. He uses solar guard, I'm going with Galaxie 12% I wasn't aware that percentage was even available, lifetime warranty and scratch resistant coating. I'm stoked!

I can totally relate to being taken by a hack. Sadly for me I paid but I got my revenge!!!!

Well before I got into the industry I had an 85 nissan king cab. After having read a ton of Mini truckin and other mags and found out about tint and custom printed graphics and how they were applied before  I got some work done.

Got the glass tinted at one shop and a year later ended up going to another shop that was new in town  because the first did not play with printed graphics.

Order was placed and graphics installed. The hack said I HAD to pay before he could release my vehicle and I could see it ...... :evileye   Flags going up ....."Oh its so that people don't leave before I get paid" 

I paid . They brought the truck around and I got to see it . :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum :tantrum The $%#$% Jackasses there had  hand cut through the graphic into my paint and down to the metal 1/2" away from any seams /joints in the doors and body instead of wrapping into the joints.

I called him on it . Told him he had to get my paint redone and new graphics done properly. He said" sorry you paid get the EFF outta my shop".  :mad :mad :mad :mad

Sooooo thats how it is huh?????   I introduced myself as a driver at the hottest pizza shop in town..  If you had been a stand up guy I'd be telling everyone to go see you .... Now A$$hat you will  be the subject of me showing every pizza custy your quality of work.  Word of mouth is gonna kick your dumb A$$ outta this town. I  deliver 30-100 pies a night and there are only 5000 people in this town ...Buh Bye

6 months later he was Gone.

Edited by WearTheFoxHat