He must of thought I was a complete idiot

As well as that avalanche back glass that you can remove from the vehicle and tint it on a table. If you have light there is nothing wrong with applying puffy paint or wise use of a opaque pen and make it look damn near perfect

I'm surprised they can't just pull it out. Those ford Windows maybe take 10 mins to pull out per side and then you'll have a flawless tint, depending on how good you can cut the wings cause those are a bitch

OK, fast forward a few weeks, a lot has been going on and tint hasn't been on my mind lately, I rarely go through the town where I had tint done but went today and walked in and said, I have a light gap on drivers door I'd like to have fixed, "the door shifted" OK, well, what's that mean, then I show them the trash, so u want us to redo it? Yes that'd be great, thanks, but it wasn't a nice experience. I then turn my attention to the back glass at the top where it isn't stuck all the way across at the top, to make a long story short, they made an appointment to do it again and he's gonna remove back window to get it "PERFECT" I said I don't expect that, just want it stuck to the glass, it basically all went downhill fast and the short answers and attitude I received, clearly told me that I was the asshole of the month to of had the nerve to even thought about stopping by to get it resolved. It is amazing how nice someone can be and then completely change right before your eyes, I've been through a divorce so I've seen it all. I couldn't even speak to the guy without him being just plain angry, like I spit on his dinner.. Hell with it, I was gonna ask if he could get the top part stuck down somehow but he got so pissed and said I'll just redo it and take up half my day, I said so be it and left.. I tried my best to be nice, didn't expect to redo whole back glass, it ruined his day, so he's now gonna remove the back glass and do it right, guess it'll leak now. Idk what to do, I showed him the back window and he laughed sarcastically and said we talked about it not being perfect, I said sure did bro but it's not stuck down to glass. Im scared to carry it back, Jesus, what'd people do in 1995? Not get their windows tinted? Lol. I'll try to post pics later..

Pics would be good, I am not a fan of tinting anything that old, 21 years of dirt to clean up when I have plenty of newer vehicles to deal with. That being said, I've had cars a couple years old that look like they went mud riding with the windows down then drove across a desert. If you keep it clean that makes a huge difference.

I just hate customers who want to sit/stand there and watch me do work on his/her car, what do you think you have the only model in the galaxy? I go thru this entire thread and don see pics of what this person is talking about. It could have been really bad like you mentioned or you were really anal and just annoying the installers. The world may never know, Just go to real a tint shop and get it done right, you know, pay full price? :err

I know this is a very old post, and I just had to tell everyone how these guys handled this shit so if anyone sees it they’ll know to steer clear.

Am I a customer who people hate because I want something that I’ve seen done on other people’s trucks? Would you hate me if I asked u to try ur best to get the tint really close to rubber and don’t leave a 1/8” gap in three places across the bottom? Am I the dick? Well lemme give u a word of advice, go find another building and learn how to cut vinyl and order some chloroplast era and make some double sided signs for some realtors, while ur at it , check the price on magnetic material and maybe you can make some of those for businesses to advertise, cause if u have a problem with getting something right, or as right as u possibly can while keeping ur cool and saying hey man, u may be asking a lot of me, I’d shake ur hand and leave with a smile, but if u cuss me because I want something u said u cud do until I drove back to get it, brought it to ur attention and u see it as well as I do but don’t know how to fix it anyway other than screaming and telling me I want too much, then u need to find another line of work.

Three years I owned, babied and drove that truck, I wanted a nice, pro tint job. What I got was two, count them actually the same trash in the drivers door, they claimed it was ripped off and changed, to make there point they put a scrap of tint in front seat, tightly stuck together, so I unrolled it and put it near my truck, it was clearly for a car. So one trash spot under tint driver door and 1/2-5/8 strip of light where the window rocks back mid way in channel rolling up. Back glass was the real thing to gaze on and vomit.

He took out molding, somehow turned it around and glued it to glass. Say for instance wen I carried it there I had a surface of glass 49”x 21” and the molding was around that, these numbers aren’t exact, remember the bubbles and trash under the edge of rubber? He cut rubber and brought it down to cover all that mess and added more rubber to it, basically I left with more frame, less picture. 48x20 and it was so obvious. They was so disgusted with my desire for them to do me right. I rolled up the tint they’d thrown inside my truck, threw it out beside building and dropped that sweet 302 down in 2nd and held her to the floor and eased up on powerbrake, I let off and stomped it, wen I did it lept out sideways and must of sounded satanic cause they ran to door to see me leave for the very last time.

I got home and almost cried, I ripped all tint off and had to re order back glass rubber where they superglued rubber to it to make frame bigger to cover up mistakes cause they refused to accept they did something that wasn’t perfect. So u know who u are and u got my money, and I hope u enjoyed ur meals the next few on me while I did without tint and was so disgusted the guy who’d been begging for that truck finally talked me into it, I paid $900 he gave me $2650. His first question when he got here was... umm, where’s that new tint. Lol. So now I’ve finally got my dream truck and the one I will be plenty happy with for a long time.

A 2000 Chevy ext cab third door Silverado loaded.. the tint on back window and two back door glasses is Chevy factory and plenty dark enough for me. I want 20% on two front doors and I want zero light gaps except that nice little .125 gap on the top and around the rounded edges and I will be so thrilled. I have bought a roll of 3m ceramics and paid considerably for it, I’m considering ordering a new front glass and having it covered with a good 3m as well.

Tel e my friends, 2000 Chevy Silverado 3rd door, driver and passenger windows, are they flat enough for me to lay tint on outside and cut with stainless blades and set inside and keep it from bubbles or creases if I am careful? Is this a glass that pros wud normally use heat on? Heat gun or hair dryer enough?? And someone please tell me I’m not asking for to much to not see light around bottom or sides, the top edge I expect.

Sorry it’s been so long, been busy and sold old blue, hoping he’s doing well. 

Edited by Roach
Tried to make it easier to read - Roach