Help me choose the tint...

I would stop by the shop and discuss it with them.  Personally we warranty out the work no matter what shade was installed.  The manufacturer might not, but we make sure we take care of our customers.  So if they have that same way of thinking, you will have the warranty.  I would assume that they would because they are in business...I can't see any automotive window tinter being able to be successful in a state that only allows 70%.  So if they are in business, they are doing below that level.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello people.

I am new on this forum,I apologize in advance if I am in wrong place.

I own a 2010 Nissan altima sedan. I wanted to get the windows tinted. I am having hard time to pick the shop I have listed the pricing below

F1

Classic- $220

Comfort- $280 Better performance

Pinnacle- $375

3m

Fx-pm- $250

Cs- $280-300 So So performance

Suntek

Hp- $200

Carbon- $269.99 +tax

Johnson

Sp- $200

I don't want something that is way expensive like for a daily driver car. Also I don't want to cheap out of film that will change colors.

Looking for light shade possibly 35% all around.

Thank you... :)

Edit: If concerned with PA law, go with 50%.

Here is a funny/unbelievable thing.

So I call another shop for quote.

It was $219.

When asked about brands he said suntek, Johnson,llumar and 3m. Further more 3m question I asked which series of 3m fx pm or cs. He said Color stable.

Any opinions

It was $219.

When asked about brands he said suntek, Johnson,llumar and 3m. Further more 3m question I asked which series of 3m fx pm or cs. He said Color stable.

Any opinions

If concerned with the film changing to purple, go with the CS. If that is what you choose, make sure they do not remove the ink-based 3m logos printed on the film until after you inspect the job. 

That price is too low for CS, it is a pretty expensive film and is roughly the same as Llumar CTX Ceramic.  As Ocala stated, CS comes with 3M printed on the film.  When we install it, we have to remove them afterwards.  So I would ask to see the CS film he is doing for $219.  If it does not have the 3M watermark, then it is not CS...most likely one of the FX's.  FX's does not have the watermark.  Below is the photo we took of the watermark on Crystalline...same as CS.

27744864311_594853bd59_b.jpg

That price is too low for CS, it is a pretty expensive film and is roughly the same as Llumar CTX Ceramic.  As Ocala stated, CS comes with 3M printed on the film.  When we install it, we have to remove them afterwards.  So I would ask to see the CS film he is doing for $219.  If it does not have the 3M watermark, then it is not CS...most likely one of the FX's.  FX's does not have the watermark.  Below is the photo we took of the watermark on Crystalline...same as CS.

Good thing for the beige seat or else it would've been even harder to see.  :lol

Good thing for the beige seat or else it would've been even harder to see.  :lol

Yep, I lined it up like that on purpose.  Took me 6 photos to get the 3M logo to not be blurry.   :lol

It was $219.

Any opinions

Opinion = $219 might be a draw (price to draw you in the door using the lowest costing product) and the price goes up depending on the brand? 

Color Stable from 3M is also known as CS.

Archived