Help me choose the tint...

The Black Pearl is a nice film I really like it using that instead of Charcool. In the near future taking the Charcool off my personal car and sticking some Black Peal on there.

if you find some scorpion.. Run!

just my 2 cents I'd go with Global, F1 or Black Pearl

It is black pearl non reflective film. not hp

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you think about going to an unauthorized dealer? First you would absolutely no warranty on the film. Second is they do not have the film...which is what I would expect. They use the name 3M to get people in and then will slap a cheap film on the vehicle like the Viper or Suntek. Surprisingly that is not uncommon in this industry...there is a mobile tinter in GA that says he has Llumar for $99 installed. Needless to say, he is not a dealer and he does not have Llumar. You have to ask, if they are not an authorized dealer, how do they have the film? You can't just go buy it plus it is one of the more expensive films on the market. We are a DEI/Viper dealer and I have dealt with Viper film first hand and it cheap, crappy reboxed film. Suntek is a decent film, but nothing special and has a huge scratching issue.

How's fx premium. I know they don't offer color warranty but approximately how long will it last in Pennsylvania heat? It's not that hot here like it is in South.

Why would you think about going to an unauthorized dealer? First you would absolutely no warranty on the film. Second is they do not have the film...which is what I would expect. They use the name 3M to get people in and then will slap a cheap film on the vehicle like the Viper or Suntek. Surprisingly that is not uncommon in this industry...there is a mobile tinter in GA that says he has Llumar for $99 installed. Needless to say, he is not a dealer and he does not have Llumar. You have to ask, if they are not an authorized dealer, how do they have the film? You can't just go buy it plus it is one of the more expensive films on the market. We are a DEI/Viper dealer and I have dealt with Viper film first hand and it cheap, crappy reboxed film. Suntek is a decent film, but nothing special and has a huge scratching issue.

How's fx premium. I know they don't offer color warranty but approximately how long will it last in Pennsylvania heat? It's not that hot here like it is in South.

FX Premium has a green hue to it also.  I have seen it change color in the past, but they recently (not sure how long ago) added Carbon to the film to make it more stable.  I am not sure how it does since we start with the CS.

All the above films suck! I would go with Klingon XCT, which utilizes alien technology. This films boasts 100% UV & Heat rejection. Its actually not avaiable on the markert though and the only way to get it is through tintdude.com. Just sit tight and maybe someone who carries it will chim in. Oh yeah, only negative on the film is that it only comes in 1% VLT.

All the above films suck! I would go with Klingon XCT, which utilizes alien technology. This films boasts 100% UV & Heat rejection. Its actually not avaiable on the markert though and the only way to get it is through tintdude.com. Just sit tight and maybe someone who carries it will chim in. Oh yeah, only negative on the film is that it only comes in 1% VLT.

No way man in my state legal vlt is 70% all around

So legal in your state is 70% but you are looking for a 35%? IMO, your best option is the F-1 Pinnacle 35, blocks more heat than the M&M CS35. Just don't expect a warranty card to go along with an illegal install.  :twocents

So legal in your state is 70% but you are looking for a 35%? IMO, your best option is the F-1 Pinnacle 35, blocks more heat than the M&M CS35. Just don't expect a warranty card to go along with an illegal install. :twocents
I contacted 3m customer service. They said I will have to sign a waiver that the film installed was illegal and keep the Warranty.

Archived