Help me choose the tint...

All the above films suck! I would go with Klingon XCT, which utilizes alien technology. This films boasts 100% UV & Heat rejection. Its actually not avaiable on the markert though and the only way to get it is through tintdude.com. Just sit tight and maybe someone who carries it will chim in. Oh yeah, only negative on the film is that it only comes in 1% VLT.

No way man in my state legal vlt is 70% all around

So legal in your state is 70% but you are looking for a 35%? IMO, your best option is the F-1 Pinnacle 35, blocks more heat than the M&M CS35. Just don't expect a warranty card to go along with an illegal install. :twocents
I contacted 3m customer service. They said I will have to sign a waiver that the film installed was illegal and keep the Warranty.
1d15537609407f6d36da37a4faaf95eb.jpg

Here's the exact message I received....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't sound right at all.

Reason?

Here is the information from the CS Warranty Card...

THE AVAILABILITY OR WARRANTY SERVICE WILL VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE DEPENDING ON THE LAW GOVERNING THE LEGALITY OF AUTOMOBILE WINDOW TINTING.

This is staying that the warranty depends on the legality of the window film installed in the state...meaning if it is a illegal installation, then it has no warranty.  The second problem with that is the shop having you sign a waiver.  A waiver only shows proof you choose illegal window film and the shop installed illegal window film.  If the shop is ever sued or government comes after them for installing illegal film, the waiver just sealed their fate since it shows they knowingly broke the law.  Any shop with half a brain would not do this.

That doesn't sound right at all.

Reason?

Here is the information from the CS Warranty Card...

THE AVAILABILITY OR WARRANTY SERVICE WILL VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE DEPENDING ON THE LAW GOVERNING THE LEGALITY OF AUTOMOBILE WINDOW TINTING.

This is staying that the warranty depends on the legality of the window film installed in the state...meaning if it is a illegal installation, then it has no warranty. The second problem with that is the shop having you sign a waiver. A waiver only shows proof you choose illegal window film and the shop installed illegal window film. If the shop is ever sued or government comes after them for installing illegal film, the waiver just sealed their fate since it shows they knowingly broke the law. Any shop with half a brain would not do this.

So should I just get a quality work 3m and be done with it or look into cheaper options.

Also it is a risk in PA. Cops can stop you any time since their is a big difference in 70% and 35%

Archived