Had a moment...lol

Well, had one of those moments today.....

Decided redo my van fronts in my Rayno S7 20% to get rid of some of it.  The tint on there was Suntek carbon 18 from when I first started tinting so you can only imagine.....Trying to convert over to the SolarFx so looking to burn this on stuff.  Well, burn I did tonight...lol

I had redone the passenger side yesterday and cut first one just a hair shorter than I really wanted so I redid it.  Turned out great.  Cut the driver side tonight, cleaned off well, everything was going perfect.  Even the application and cut were spot on.  Window looked great.  Well......before I blue maxxed it on I was like....."dang, that looks dark?"  Looked over through the passenger window and was like "is it the lighting or what?"  Passenger window I did yesterday looked fine.  Pulled the box down I used......5%....Doh!

So I pulled my 20% down, unrolled it on the window, no big deal....Roll popped out of the box (36" roll) and slid down to the floor and creased a bunch of the film.  Had to trash about 5' of it.....So now I am getting irritated......Cut the next one and my top cut went bad cuz I was in a hurry so on like the fourth try I finally made the install....lol.  Well, the first one was perfect.....2 and 3 went south big time.  Just one of those moments I guess......

But, on the positive side, I am about 10' closer to using SolarFx ceramic....hahahaha

Archived