Closing deals over the phone

IMO there is no way to really close a deal on the phone.  Typically people calling are shopping around, so you are not the only one they are calling.  We see this all the time since we have 2 phone lines...one of them is specifically for our tint website.  We get the same people calling on both lines...even after they made an appointment.  You just need to sound professional and knowledgeable to the customer while delivering a sales pitch that is as short as possible, but includes all the info you want to convey.  So you have to look at what you want to tell the customer and organize it to make sense.  This is what we make sure we mention in our speech...

• Brands: Llumar & 3M
  • Warranty: Nationwide Lifetime Warranty
  • Coverage: Breakage Protection
  • Price: Starting at Price
  • Upgrades: Mention that you have Higher Priced Film that blocks more Heat

So we take that and make it into a sales pitch that is as short as possible.

It may be different here in my area, but I do 99.9% of my appointments by phone and email because I do all work alone and by appointment from home. I don't have anyone here when I'm gone on errands, flat glass jobs, etc. so if they show up unannounced, many times there's nobody here.

I only do 0 to a few cars a week, however, because I much prefer flat glass film so my situation is different but I rely on my website, reputation and google reviews to earn trust from first time customers.

If you need to tint a lot of cars then you may need a way to be accessible to people much more than I am.

Having said all that, If you want to make a good living tinting cars, NEVER just give a price when someone asks for it. Try to find a way to create your own style with people on the phone. Get them to relate to you by asking questions, showing them you care about them and their vehicle, use a little humor, explain what sets you apart, etc. One thing I tell people a lot is that I work alone, and spend more time on a car than many busier, cheaper shops do.

Also, don't compete on price, compete on quality.

Doing less work for more money is way smarter than more work for less money.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a computer when pricing over the phone. "Small talk" goes a long way. What I would do if I were you is go to a telemarketing job and use them for experience. ANYONE can get hired as a telemarketer. So I would work for them part time for 2 to 4 weeks. Then apply what you learn. Since you're just barely startinge, ask them how they heard about you and make a conversation out of it.

I use a computer when pricing over the phone. "Small talk" goes a long way. What I would do if I were you is go to a telemarketing job and use them for experience. ANYONE can get hired as a telemarketer. So I would work for them part time for 2 to 4 weeks. Then apply what you learn. Since you're just barely startinge, ask them how they heard about you and make a conversation out of it.

Alright got it

Sales, the lowest paid easy work or the highest paid hardest work you will ever do.  Many books, courses and online training with scripts tailored to your business.

Phone is a booking tool, get them in your store whatever it takes.  never give price first, use transitional  phrases and always close on the high note.   Alternative, porcupine or weighing the odds all standard closes dependent on your customers responses.  study, read phone calls are expensive and closing ratios are important

Sometimes I can tell if they are just shopping around and I will ask them if they are and sometimes even encourage it. If they are I try and insert some extra buzz words to my sales pitch like my tint won't fade to an ugly "PURPLE" or "BUBBLE" in a few years like you see on all those other cars out there on the road. And they usually respond with yeah they don't want that to happen. I may also talk about my price. saying something along the lines as like I may not have the cheapest prices out there but I'm also not the most expensive and then talk about cheap bubbly purple tint.

Archived