CES Show - Consumer Electronic Show

Two of our people are going, but I am not.

Well that's too bad. Would have liked to meet you!

Did you get the email with our LED bars and other products?

Yes, thanks.  I will be ordering starting late this month.  I didn't want to add inventory that I would have to pay inventory tax on.

LOL, I was hoping you would have bought a bunch so  Derek  didn't have to count them. :lol2

:spit  I fixed it for ya   :evileye

Actually that is probably right. I got to count Metra and there are significantly more SKU's to count in that brand. I have been the designated Metra counter for years. Well, me and 3 others.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two of our people are going, but I am not.

Well that's too bad. Would have liked to meet you!

Did you get the email with our LED bars and other products?

Yes, thanks.  I will be ordering starting late this month.  I didn't want to add inventory that I would have to pay inventory tax on.

LOL, I was hoping you would have bought a bunch so I didn't have to count them. :lol2

:lol

For those who have been to CES - The issue I have with events like that is, from what I would assume, it entails a lot of walking around the showroom floors, correct?  Is it more walking from booth to booth, or standing in lines in order to get to the front of a particular booth or whatever? 

Walking kills my feet... but standing in lines hurts worse. I think I could probably power thru walking all day... but if I had to stand in lines to be able to see this or that... I don't think it would be worth dealing with.

Inventory tax? Wait, what?

In GA you have to inventory your store which includes products, furniture, computers, equipment, etc and pay taxes on it.  Even if you have something like a plotter, you will be paying yearly taxes on having it.  This happens at the beginning of the year.  Yes, it is dumb as hell.  So I back off on ordering products near the end of the year to limit my tax.

In GA you have to inventory your store which includes products, furniture, computers, equipment, etc and pay taxes on it. Even if you have something like a plotter, you will be paying yearly taxes on having it. This happens at the beginning of the year. Yes, it is dumb as hell. So I back off on ordering products near the end of the year to limit my tax.

That's horrible. In other states, you can pack on the inventory to increase costs of goods sold, on a cash basis of accounting, and then record a smaller net income for income taxes.

In GA you have to inventory your store which includes products, furniture, computers, equipment, etc and pay taxes on it. Even if you have something like a plotter, you will be paying yearly taxes on having it. This happens at the beginning of the year. Yes, it is dumb as hell. So I back off on ordering products near the end of the year to limit my tax.

That's horrible. In other states, you can pack on the inventory to increase costs of goods sold, on a cash basis of accounting, and then record a smaller net income for income taxes.

Yep, I assume that is why they tax it.  I can understand inventory, but fixtures and machines is what gets me...you can have a $100,000 machine and then be paying a lot on top every year for the same unit.

Archived