Ultra TintSlime vs Original TintSlime

I love original green TintSlime but since I got my new shop with no air conditioning, the green has been sticking to fast and not allowing me to squeegee if I let the slip sit under too long before hitting it.  My shop hits at least 95° everyday during the summer, and the green kept changing too much day to day.  

I decided to try the Ultra to see if it would fix this.  I thought I had screwed up ordering a whole gallon when I saw ** For Outdoor Use Only. Will Not Out Perform Original TintSlime indoors **  on the label.  :nervous  This had me worried.  

I use a 7 gallon On-Demand sprayer at 60psi. constant flow.  I only mix 4 gallons at a time using 3 oz. of Slime. and top off when I am at about 1/2 gallon left, usually.   When I did my original change over, the first 4 gallons had me worried I didn't use enough Slime.  I used the same amount of orange as I do green, and I figured it would be way more *slippery*.  It wasn't until I topped off my sprayer a couple of times. I guess the mix finally evened itself out.  It seems to be working great with the high temps in my bay.  It also works the same in my 32oz. sprayers as the green.  

I noticed that when I did a windshield and had to trim around a big mirror thingy, that even after letting the slip sit there without squeegeeing it, it didn't give me any problems when I did get to it.  Usually with the green, I would have been redoing that windshield because of the marks that it would have left from slip drying to fast.   

It also sticks really well once you make a squeegee pass.  But if you need to lift and respray for some reason, it is fine.  

Once curing, it seems to cure the same as the original green stuff. 

Not sure if I am going to switch back to the green in the winter ( I probably will ) but, I am going to see how less slip in the Ultra will act first. 

All in all, I like the Ultra and the way it performs in the same amount as the original green Slime.  

Sorry for the long winded post :blah   But I hope this helps and if you have any questions,, please ask. :thanks  and :beer 

Edited by Bham

Guest Tintsmith

Be careful with the ultra. I use a keg sprayer with a filter. The ultra occasionally will clump and appear to look like a smear under film. After it dries it causes damage to the glue. Also, it has caused ceramic to de laminate in just that spot. I am currently in the process of redoing about a dozen cars. I haven’t had an issue like this since llumar in the late 80s

6 hours ago, Guest Tintsmith said:

Be careful with the ultra. I use a keg sprayer with a filter. The ultra occasionally will clump and appear to look like a smear under film. After it dries it causes damage to the glue. Also, it has caused ceramic to de laminate in just that spot. I am currently in the process of redoing about a dozen cars. I haven’t had an issue like this since llumar in the late 80s

A couple things to that could be happening, if you leave your tank under pressure all of the time, i have seen the same issue as in clumps of something developing in the filter and the tip of the sprayer as well as temperature can cause this as well " not using ultra tint slim ", perhaps the maker of Ultra Tint Slime could better answer this. How do you know that the ceramic film is delaminating..................?