Quoting Film Specs

5 minutes ago, Naples Tint Company said:

the auto window film industry needs regulation and/or common test methods.

Amen!  For now I will stick to the 97%.  :eyebrows  :lol

On a side note, what are the instruments of your choice to measure heat rejection?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Naples Tint Company said:

I cant afford what I really want, however, the SS2450 grabs a pretty good clip of IR... see picture below.

SS2450_ir_range1.jpg

I have been looking at that model even though I am not trying to spend that much.  :lol  Have to jump on it soon.

1 minute ago, DynamicAppearance said:

I have been looking at that model even though I am not trying to spend that much.  :lol  Have to jump on it soon.

You're missing out! Its great for checking and comparing films. Especially when you want to verify IR numbers.

Heres a video related to the TSER vs IR topic:

1 minute ago, Naples Tint Company said:

You're missing out! Its great for checking and comparing films. Especially when you want to verify IR numbers.

Heres a video related to the TSER vs IR topic:

I will buy it soon, I can spend $10k a week ordering products for the store, but cringe when I see $800 for it.  :lol

9 minutes ago, Roach said:

:chin Which is the weird brand... lulu or wincos??? 

Wincos... Im always introducing and explaining it to my customers for the first time. Had to make a visual to explain it. Hard sell over the phone. My market is oversaturated with Suntek, Llumar, 3M, Solar Gard, with a dash of Rayno and Flex. (all selling cheap) I differentiate myself with higher performing products and education. I think I may have too many options now :rollin At least Im learning a lot.... even some things I wish I didn't know (ignorance is bliss)

Back to the topic of selling specs... as you can see in the video, I am trying to measure things apples to apples... but there is a lot more to the TSER than meets the eye. As mentioned before, you could block 100% IR... but if you are just absorbing it, the heat will radiate back in the car. Metals reflect IR and just about everything else absorbs it. We need a non reflective, IR reflective, easy to install tint

Archived