Remove and replaces

Had a guy today wanting the driver rollup on a newer Range Rover remove/replaced. He said it was peeling, but didnt want to call the original installer to do it. I guess just because nobody complaine does not mean everyone is happy.  

Been getting lots of BS jobs lately...few old turds and lots of newer ones that are difficult.  Seems to happen around this time. 

Edited by pbalentine

22 hours ago, TQtinting said:

You guys know if they were just random cars or jobs that were done elsewhere?

Most of mine were tinted new from new car dealers some plain poor installs from the day they bought it and some the film failing at 2 years or less.

I seem to get lucky with several a month, it's almost always a used vehicle purchased ( less than 5 yrs old) most times only 2-3.  Lots of cheap re boxed film out there and it's usually a dealership trying to cut costs. I once had a Toyota dealership in town that we did tint for, drop us and hire in- house tinters (with no previous experience) to put on pre-cut in a box film for the entire lot! 6 months later, all the cars still there were purple with bubbles and some even delaminating. I got to several pallets full of boxes, partial kits get thrown out in the dumpster. Since new tinters tend to scrap a ton of film, the only thing they could do was open another box and steal whatever windows they had to replace. When that call came in less than a year later, I told you so never felt better!