Last one to post #802

So I'm house sitting for my friends... they are in FL. I came over wed nite so I could take them to the airport at some insane hour thurs morning.... Anyway, they heat their house, partly, with a wood stove. So wed nite my friend is going over how it works... which he does every year. And I understand it all... but as he's telling me I'm just playing circus music in my head, because I know it's going to be out by the next day.

Sure enough... I had a job on thursday and I was out for like 12 hrs. :facepalm   Of course it was stone cold by the time I got back to the house.

Unfortunately I can't exactly pretend I was using it since their wood pile shows if I've been using any wood or not. lol

21 minutes ago, Roach said:

So I'm house sitting for my friends... they are in FL. I came over wed nite so I could take them to the airport at some insane hour thurs morning.... Anyway, they heat their house, partly, with a wood stove. So wed nite my friend is going over how it works... which he does every year. And I understand it all... but as he's telling me I'm just playing circus music in my head, because I know it's going to be out by the next day.

Sure enough... I had a job on thursday and I was out for like 12 hrs. :facepalm   Of course it was stone cold by the time I got back to the house.

Unfortunately I can't exactly pretend I was using it since their wood pile shows if I've been using any wood or not. lol

So, you gotta wonder what the next innovation in that type of heating is. :chin   

Look up the Flame Genie fire pit.  It uses pellets and burns a nice flame - BUT NO SMOKE :blink    Rather amazing :cool  :campfire 

Gotta wonder if that kind of technology could better improve the wood heating systems. :idea   

23 minutes ago, Bham said:

Look up the Flame Genie fire pit.

Wow! Very cool! I think I'll get one of those for the next camping trip. 

I don't really care for my friend's woodstove. I mean, it's ok, but nothing special.

His old one which is in the house his parents now live in - I love that one. It's in the living room and has a glass face, so in addition to heat, its cool to look at.

(The houses are next to each other - so here's a pic of the one I like)

IMG_20171202_115023 (002).jpg