Side swiper vs yellow turbo

12 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Are the replacement blades for side swiper easy to replace and cheap??

144 inch. 20 bucks...last you forever.

easy to replace, pull old one out, cut new piece and press it in.http://44tools.com/installation-tools/squeegees-squeegee-blades/144-blue-max-roll/

blue max roll.jpg

Edited by drtint
added web address

Just now, drtint said:

The black is a cleaning squeege. This is to replace harder blades for swipe doctor and side swiper

Yes but i'm curious if the blue would be just as adequate at cleaning. That strip looks like it'd replace the black in my unger i use for cleaning. 

11 minutes ago, Tint Slayer said:

Yes but i'm curious if the blue would be just as adequate at cleaning. That strip looks like it'd replace the black in my unger i use for cleaning. 

The black unger blades slide into the top with a groove because it is molded like that. This blue max strip is flat and only press into the white handles.

I use the black to clean window before and after install. Blue is for replacin88.jpg.739ed51959cfdb7cacc48cc583a686d7.jpgg side swiper and stroke dr handles. 

black squeege blade.jpg

blue max roll.jpg

122.jpg

87.jpg

Generally I only use the Dr on rear windows. I take the tool and sand the hump on the end so it will fit a little better in the tight area at the bottom where glass and deck meet. :twocents

The reach tool is becoming my tool of choice for that area.  Will check out the Dr on other areas :woot2

Cheers 

47 minutes ago, flat rock stan said:

Generally I only use the Dr on rear windows. I take the tool and sand the hump on the end so it will fit a little better in the tight area at the bottom where glass and deck meet. :twocents

The reach tool is becoming my tool of choice for that area.  Will check out the Dr on other areas :woot2

Cheers 

How does it compare to the Titan? I hear The Reach is more sturdy