Side swiper vs yellow turbo

3 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

In my opinion, The Stroke Doctor has a better handle than the Side Swiper.  I'm just mentioning you may want to compare the 2. I can push harder on the glass at long reach better with The Stroke Doctor due to the longer handle and better grip. My 2 cents.

vvv - The Stroke Doctor  - vvv

image.png.c14a9a61c839b4c6250df325c8f4c345.png

vvv - The Side Swiper - vvv

image.png.d617eca7061efc361ba4bf4829a73a9b.png

The swipe doctor I loved using on side windows way better....but can't seem to find a spot on my pouch

45 minutes ago, Jkatfelix said:

The swipe doctor I loved using on side windows way better....but can't seem to find a spot on my pouch

Mine fits now that the handle broke off. Squeegeeing rollups is fast with it.  Another thing i like about is that it really reduces the chance of creases where the film is not laying completely flat. Works best when the panel is removed.  Once window is rolled up i do about 3 swipes from the middle out, to the left and right....done!!

IMG_6932.JPG

Edited by pbalentine

7 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Mine fits now that the handle broke off. Squeegeeing rollups is fast with it.  Another thing i like about is that it really reduces the chance of creases where the film is not laying completely flat. Works best when the panel is removed.  Once window is rolled up i do about 3 swipes from the middle out, to the left and right....done!!

IMG_6932.JPG

I don't see myself breaking it....I use it to much for the bottom of back glass to much....I stopped using the bulldozer alot also...I use my Unger to push out all the major bubbles and water and then use the Dr to do 2 back glass passes....then done

13 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

I don't see myself breaking it....I use it to much for the bottom of back glass to much....I stopped using the bulldozer alot also...I use my Unger to push out all the major bubbles and water and then use the Dr to do 2 back glass passes....then done

Needs more leverage, I'll get a new one and maybe take a couple inches off. One other thing i like is you wont snag the bottom edge with just the seals out.  

21 hours ago, highplains said:

I used to use a side swiper all the time but haven't touched it in months. Find myself reaching for the titan or conquerer more frequently 

I like the titan but the edge is horrible imo.  It wears really quickly and leaves a residue behind when cleaning.  The edge is too soft.  

13 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

Needs more leverage, I'll get a new one and maybe take a couple inches off. One other thing i like is you wont snag the bottom edge with just the seals out.  

21 hours ago, highplains said:

I used to use a side swiper all the time but haven't touched it in months. Find myself reaching for the titan or conquerer more frequently 

I like the titan but the edge is horrible imo.  It wears really quickly and leaves a residue behind when cleaning.  The edge is too soft.    

Aahhh shiat! Double post!

Edited by pbalentine
Double post

2 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Aahhh shiat! Double post!

My bulldozer started doing that residue