1.5 hours is good time for the average car for a seasoned tinter.  busy day and things going good could hit an hour a car and maintain quality.  I was mobile with a 30 min drive between accounts.  60/40 split for 11 years,  if I wanted a raise, had to do more cars.  started training apprentices to clean and prep then slowly into cutting, shrinking and hanging film.  had a few good ones thru the years,  did 5 cars in 2.5 hours one day.  limped all the way to the bank LOL

Time equals money,  the more you do, the more you make.  so what does it cost to tint a car?  not the $20-$40 bucks people think.  look at every dime you spent last year on your P&L,  divide that by how many cars you tinted and that my friend is the real cost.   total sales divided by number of cars is what you gross,  goal is to widen the gap between the 2 numbers.  window tint has a great gross profit on paper,  irrelevant if you can't pay the bills.  this is why so many companies fail.  quality first,  speed is close second.  video tape yourself and study it for ways to save time.  watch video's of others to see if their technique or parts of it will fit into your style.  still look at my old video's and study others and I don't even tint anymore.  still cool to see the evolution of my style from where I was to when I stopped.

K-12 you were graded A-F,  what is your grade now?  its called a W2 or the bottom line if you are independent.  never stop learning! 

11 hours ago, Glass Tinting Supplies said:

I can only say this.... Quality will always win the race. In all aspects. Speed and time is irrelevant.

Hopefully this helps.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Michael. 

GTS = wise beyond your years Sir.   Always the best advise from you. :notwrthy 

I so wish I could move down and retire with you in Aussie land. :jealous     

Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year.  May next year be even more prosperous for you. :peace  :beer  

9 hours ago, jh812 said:

Depending on the car I'd say I'm between 1.5 to 2 hours. Did a Hyundai elantra older style yesterday in an hour but they're about as easy as they come. I'm comfortable with my time and not ashamed of my work at all. 

Yeah same here 1hr 30min to 2 hrs max...I take my time and clean the windows good for a real clean installation