I get interrupted far too often being a one man operation to get too focused on speed. I probably could knock out the average sedan in about two hours if I didn't get any interruptions, most realistically take me closer to three or four. I also really focus on accuracy and quality, my come back rate is basically zero, I can count on one hand my comebacks from the last three years.

When I look at hiring someone to tint, I would only hire someone that is in the 1.5-2 hour range for an average vehicle.  Being a single tinter operation, we need to be able to do 4-5 full vehicles a day to make it worth it due to the high salary.  We average just under $300 per vehicle and $1200-$2000 per day depending on the window film chosen by customer.  We book the appointments for 1.5 hours...some vehicles may take 2 hours while others like Challengers/Mini Coopers/Teslas will be less than 1.5 hours...so it balances out.  This is of coarse with quality installation, we do not sacrifice quality to meet a deadline.  Once we move to a 2 tinter setup (if I can ever someone worth it) then scheduling would change to probably 2 hour average.

I pull up, roll out cord for heat gun. tint , clean and wipe down car , get paid and am gone in an hour and 10 mins.....all mobile service....but have been tinting since 1980 and well over 40,000 vehicles tinted, some look good , and some in the past looked like POOP !   can't stand old dirty cars....

but bottom line is: treat customer good , make them happy and you will have a customer for life!  don't worry how fast you are or worry how much money you will make...

thats my motto.

On 12/26/2017 at 5:50 PM, florida tinter said:

I pull up, roll out cord for heat gun. tint , clean and wipe down car , get paid and am gone in an hour and 10 mins.....all mobile service....but have been tinting since 1980 and well over 40,000 vehicles tinted, some look good , and some in the past looked like POOP !   can't stand old dirty cars....

but bottom line is: treat customer good , make them happy and you will have a customer for life!  don't worry how fast you are or worry how much money you will make...

thats my motto.

Are you the fast Tinter on YouTube with comments disabled they were talking about?

On 12/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, florida tinter said:

thats my motto.

You've tinted 5 cars a day for 37 years non-stop? 

used to tint 10 a day ....but I'm kind of slowing down due to the fact I don't really need to work anymore....but im still plugging away and trying not to do anymore than 6 a day...but prefer 2-4  also....do some math .....5 cars a day 6 days a week 52 weeks a year for 37 years ......that is over 57.000

but I do vacation....and yes there is big money in tinting and you ALL know that !

my advise to you fellow tinters:

invest in real estate while you are hard at it ....that way when it comes time to retire you have income...

Edited by florida tinter
oops

On 12/29/2017 at 12:02 AM, quality tintz said:

Are you the fast Tinter on YouTube with comments disabled they were talking about?

NO!   that dude must be on some substance! tinting a vet with a white beater ? seriously ? if you had a corvette would you want someone to blast it in a half hour or someone dressed professional and taking their time ?

that dude is making a bad name for tinters?

Is that you Jim?  I live in Fort Myers also and got to work with bud of mine named Jim, and he is the fastest Tinter I THINK IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No double cutting either ,  From my own eyes Ive seen him. He slaps the film on the car cuts it , installs in what looks like 5 minutes per window . He does all of this even if the wind is blowing and the customer is talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It blows my mind! Me on the other hand is about 2 hours with no talking , no mess ups and no wind, If any of those happen then then im sittin at least 3 hours plus

Edited by Go2Guy

3 hours ago, Go2Guy said:

Is that you Jim?  I live in Fort Myers also and got to work with bud of mine named Jim, and he is the fastest Tinter I THINK IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No double cutting either ,  From my own eyes Ive seen him. He slaps the film on the car cuts it , installs in what looks like 5 minutes per window . He does all of this even if the wind is blowing and the customer is talking !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It blows my mind! Me on the other hand is about 2 hours with no talking , no mess ups and no wind, If any of those happen then then im sittin at least 3 hours plus

wuzzzzz upppppp Go2Guy !