Last one to post #810

3 hours ago, jh812 said:

@Roach hey man I stripped some commercial windows last week. Left a lot of glue behind as when I got done scraping it seemed to leave a haze or film behind. I tried rescraping but didn't really have any luck. Have you ever experienced this? 

i know a glass man told me one time for cleaning hard water stains to use the Bar Keepers Friend brand stuff that is like comet in the can, dump some on a paper plate or something and mix in a little bit of water to create a paste. then take a rag and use the paste to almost polish across the window and it comes out looking about new. I do it if my windshield ever starts looking bad and it always comes out great. guess you could try something like that or you might have to break out a solvent based cleaner and razor. 

Edited by bdub

8 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I'm going to buy 500 Ripple cryptocurrancy tokens in a day or so. Figure I'm a gambler so just going to throw a social security check at it.

Anyone else bought a cryptocurrancy? 

I've thought about it... maybe at some point I will.

'morning all..

Truck issue #2948589109438958929  :lol2

My dad's Ford Ranger, also a 99. My mom has been having issues with it starting. It will crank, but not start. But it only does it now and then. I went over yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump. When I turn the key to the "on" position, I can hear the pump buzz, and it started. Turned it off and tried again, and I didn't hear the buzz and it wouldn't start. Did that again several times, and once I heard the buzz it started.

So I'm like pretty sure that's the issue.

Am I likely correct?  I told my mom before figuring this out that the only problem with putting it in the shop is that it doesn't always have the problem... and there's no pattern to it. It would happen regardless of the truck being cold or having just gone out to the store.

46 minutes ago, Roach said:

I've thought about it... maybe at some point I will.

'morning all..

Truck issue #2948589109438958929  :lol2

My dad's Ford Ranger, also a 99. My mom has been having issues with it starting. It will crank, but not start. But it only does it now and then. I went over yesterday and I'm pretty sure it's the fuel pump. When I turn the key to the "on" position, I can hear the pump buzz, and it started. Turned it off and tried again, and I didn't hear the buzz and it wouldn't start. Did that again several times, and once I heard the buzz it started.

So I'm like pretty sure that's the issue.

Am I likely correct?  I told my mom before figuring this out that the only problem with putting it in the shop is that it doesn't always have the problem... and there's no pattern to it. It would happen regardless of the truck being cold or having just gone out to the store.

sounds like the fuel pump on its way out to me. know sometimes when they are starting to go bad they can become hit or miss like that. next time it does it and won't start, try taking a bat or long handle and hitting the bottom of the fuel tank, then try starting again. sometimes that will help them start and let you know for sure that the pump is going bad. 

Morning   :cold  :cold  

@Roach  It is definitely the fuel pump going out.  You might be able to limp it through the winter by keeping a full tank of fuel in it.  Gas is what keeps the pump cool, and the more you have in the tank, the better.  Start making half full, your new empty mark.   When it reaches half empty, fill it back up.  This will help keep the fuel pump cool.  

If you do have to change it,, remember that if you are going to change it,,, and it is running,,,, to run all the fuel out.