Last one to post #810

I called the shop yesterday.. pump is like $280... labor is $200.. so like $500 otd. 

My mom doesn't drive much or far.. but she said she doesn't want to be left stranded somewhere one day. Which I don't blame her...

I can't do the job... it's more then I'm able to knowledge wise and it's freaking cold here, so while I'd rather save my mom the money and do it myself, this one will have to be done at the shop. I'll just pony up the money for it since she's helped me out a lot recently. :thumb

I just wanted to make sure we had a good idea what was wrong before letting them poke around. I just didn't know if there was something else that it could be. I mean.. it's either spark or fuel... and with the absence of the buzz - I figured fuel issue. The plugs I replaced about a yr ago, which doesn't mean they can't go bad already, but figured unlikely.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Roach

49 minutes ago, Roach said:

I called the shop yesterday.. pump is like $280... labor is $200.. so like $500 otd. 

My mom doesn't drive much or far.. but she said she doesn't want to be left stranded somewhere one day. Which I don't blame her...

I can't do the job... it's more then I'm able to knowledge wise and it's freaking cold here, so while I'd rather save my mom the money and do it myself, this one will have to be done at the shop. I'll just pony up the money for it since she's helped me out a lot recently. :thumb

I just wanted to make sure we had a good idea what was wrong before letting them poke around. I just didn't know if there was something else that it could be. I mean.. it's either spark or fuel... and with the absence of the buzz - I figured fuel issue. The plugs I replaced about a yr ago, which doesn't mean they can't go bad already, but figured unlikely.

Thanks guys!

The only other thing that you may want to check into is the fuel pump relay. A rely is just an electronic switch. So each time it is triggered it makes a small arc just like the  light switch on the wall. After so long it can have trouble making a good contact, and work intermittently.

23 minutes ago, bdub said:

just finished messing with this. know it's not tint related but still a pretty cool car. no where near as slick as i like them, but gotta do what the customer wants :dunno

IMG_5899.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

Tell em you know a guy that can tint it while the glass is out. 

12 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Tell em you know a guy that can tint it while the glass is out. 

will do. bad thing about it is this guy has a numbers matching car, motor, the whole 9. and these DZ z28s are worth a lot of money. we are finished with the car because he doesn't want to spend anymore money on it so it's going back to sit in a barn for who knows how long.