what type of windshield film are you using?

Hello @Naples Tint Company

I've been busy , but am still looking for the perfect 70,  I just realsied there is 2 difference companies selling a "wincos"  one is wincos-global and then the other is madico, if you dont mind me asking which one were you referring . . . for the madico, there is only one wincos and for the wincos, there is a bunch as listed above. . . .

Automotive Film WINCOS

www.wincos-global.com/automotive/
Lintec automotive grade films offer superior levels of thermal insulation performance and are friendly to both vehicle occupants and our planet. ... These automotive films block heat from summer sunlight and greatly contribute to making car interiors a more comfortable space.

WINCOS

www.wincos-global.com/
LINTEC offers high quality window film products, WINCOS, developed by its unique coating technology.

Madico Automotive Films - Madico Window Films & Specialty Films

www.madico.com/window-film/automotive/
Wincos Automotive films pair natural beauty with sound scientific research for the ultimate in windowfilm style and performance. ... by blocking 99% of UV rays; Reduces fading of vehicle's interior; Helps hold shattered glass together in the event of an accident; Extreme IR rejection – up to 92%; Lifetime, no-fade warranty ...

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, jh812 said:

I haven't found a 70% I'm happy with to date. I honestly don't have much request for that particular shade but it would be nice to have. However I use global 80% for legalish windshield film. It's thicker like the 70 is but I haven't come across a shield I couldn't successfully tint with it yet. Low haze to it, no starburst effect, and tser is 44 I think. 

I actually wanted to ask you. I think it was you that I recall talking about how you used to use Global QDP Ceramic but stopped because of complaints? Well I recently installed 70% on a windshield and they complained it was distorted. 

That said, I did end up using Global 80% (Ice Cool Grey) as a replacement and for any other windshield I have done since then. So far so good. 

Since you already use Global @Go2Guy have you tried 80% Ice cool grey?

I go through Umesh and I've asked him about any other light films they have and he advised the only light film he has is a 70% ceramic I'm going to ask him if he can order it though and what the prices are because  I really need a light film and I prefer to stick with global/garware.  Not Only that but Umesh had always taking care of me if I've ever had any issues. . . I posted the same question on Facebook and got some pretty cool answers one was Rayno Platinum air 7090 IR and also a Helios Supernova Nano ceramic which is which is for a really really good price almost too good to be true going to do some more research on that one

Edited by Go2Guy

8 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

I actually wanted to ask you. I think it was you that I recall talking about how you used to use Global QDP Ceramic but stopped because of complaints? Well I recently installed 70% on a windshield and they complained it was distorted. 

:chin I dont think so. I've only ever had one customer complain and that was on global hp film. I still use global ceramic but I did just redo a windshield that was ceramic 50. It was on my moms and I had the vehicle for a couple weeks. It was very distorted and I actually wound up sending the roll back. I believe that was just a fluke though because I've installed a good amount of it without complaints. 

14 hours ago, Go2Guy said:

I've been busy , but am still looking for the perfect 70,  I just realsied there is 2 difference companies selling a "wincos"  one is wincos-global and then the other is madico, if you dont mind me asking which one were you referring . . . for the madico, there is only one wincos and for the wincos, there is a bunch as listed above. . . .

Automotive Film WINCOS

Lintec automotive grade films offer superior levels of thermal insulation performance and are friendly to both vehicle occupants and our planet. ... These automotive films block heat from summer sunlight and greatly contribute to making car interiors a more comfortable space.

WINCOS

www.wincos-global.com/
LINTEC offers high quality window film products, WINCOS, developed by its unique coating technology.

Wincos Automotive films pair natural beauty with sound scientific research for the ultimate in windowfilm style and performance. ... by blocking 99% of UV rays; Reduces fading of vehicle's interior; Helps hold shattered glass together in the event of an accident; Extreme IR rejection – up to 92%; Lifetime, no-fade warranty ...

Madico is a US subsidiary of Lintec.  If you want to get samples or purchase film, you would contact Madico.

Edited by DynamicATL

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Go2Guy said:

Automotive Film WINCOS

WINCOS

www.wincos-global.com/

Your profile says SWFL. Madico is in St Pete. Great people and they have Wincos right there. I'm also in SWFL, you can come by my shop anytime and check out a dozen different films on the meter and see what I'm talking about. I have 3M, Global, Rayno, ASWF Dimension. Huper Optik, Solar Gard Ultra Performance XP80... etc.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:12 AM, jh812 said:

:chin I dont think so. I've only ever had one customer complain and that was on global hp film. I still use global ceramic but I did just redo a windshield that was ceramic 50. It was on my moms and I had the vehicle for a couple weeks. It was very distorted and I actually wound up sending the roll back. I believe that was just a fluke though because I've installed a good amount of it without complaints. 

Hmm ok, thought it was you. Guess not. Maybe I'll send the roll back or test it out on my car first. Thanks brotha!