2018 dodge full size ram door panel???

I don’t even take the push pins or the screw out. Pop the sail panel off. Roll window down. Roll the panel off the hard plastic channel of the seal. Pull out from rear end of door.  NOTE:  when reinstalling the seal... shoot a lil slip on the channel to slip in under the panel easier

4 hours ago, Saved! said:

Im old school.

Gasket wizard!.

For me one of my go to tools.

Its just me but i don't think i would risk taking a part a customers new ride. I like to keep it just as it was when it got to the shop.

Or tape the rubber to the door panel.

Well I grew up in a garage so it's second nature to me. I don't know why so many people in this industry act like this. 9 out of 10 of these brand new vehicles the customers take to have a leveling or lift kit put on. You take it to have anything else done their not gonna say oh I'm not gonna take apart this new vehicle. Nope they get the job done and return the vehicle back just like it was. Do you run the risk of breaking stuff? Absolutely. Do you run the risk of messing up stuff half peeling? Yep sure as hell do. Half these seals literally pull right out. I can use a gasket tool also but if I can pull it I will. I've converted over two people that were strictly I don't pull anything. The last one I was with bottom loaded his first window and said man I think that's the cleanest window I've ever laid. Some people get stuck they learn one routine and that's it. Me I've decided to learn as many techniques as I can to best suit the job. Rant over

Edited by jh812

20 minutes ago, jh812 said:

Well I grew up in a garage so it's second nature to me. I don't know why so many people in this industry act like this. 9 out of 10 of these brand new vehicles the customers take to have a leveling or lift kit put on. You take it to have anything else done their not gonna say oh I'm not gonna take apart this new vehicle. Nope they get the job done and return the vehicle back just like it was. Do you run the risk of breaking stuff? Absolutely. Do you run the risk of messing up stuff half peeling? Yep sure as hell do. Half these seals literally pull right out. I can use a gasket tool also but if I can pull it I will. I've converted over two people that were strictly I don't pull anything. The last one I was with bottom loaded his first window and said man I think that's the cleanest window I've ever laid. Some people get stuck they learn one routine and that's it. Me I've decided to learn as many techniques as I can to best suit the job. Rant over

That’s funny!  We were doing a leveling kit on a new Chevy Monday... customer walks around corner. Sees spindle hanging and strut removed and freaked out!!!  Started yelling and cussing wanting to know why In the hell I was taking his truck apart.  Just shook my head