2018 dodge full size ram door panel???

35 minutes ago, CnCCustoms said:

That’s funny!  We were doing a leveling kit on a new Chevy Monday... customer walks around corner. Sees spindle hanging and strut removed and freaked out!!!  Started yelling and cussing wanting to know why In the hell I was taking his truck apart.  Just shook my head

Just another reason why the customer shouldn't watch. Can you imagine hiring a plumber and saying OMG why are you tearing out the sheet rock :lol

In the end it doesn't matter what method you use as long as it's a clean outcome and the customer is happy with it. I don't care if you pull every window completely out, it's your method and I'm sure you do it well. :peace

Edited by jh812

2 hours ago, jh812 said:

Just another reason why the customer shouldn't watch. Can you imagine hiring a plumber and saying OMG why are you tearing out the sheet rock :lol

In the end it doesn't matter what method you use as long as it's a clean outcome and the customer is happy with it. I don't care if you pull every window completely out, it's your method and I'm sure you do it well. :peace

I’m like you tho.... some guys use the one method they’re taught and that’s it.  I use every trick and method I’ve learned over 10+ years.  No 2 vehicles are the same. And sometimes different methods work better. Keep on slingin!

I’m at the same point anymore. I was sold on why pull panels it just takes more time? I pull every panel I can anymore it just makes the job easier and it takes a whole extra 10 mins big deal. Whether it pops at top or pull the whole thing I pretty much do it anymore IMO tucking is a pain in the ass big time.  

Edited by TQtinting

11 hours ago, CnCCustoms said:

That’s funny!  We were doing a leveling kit on a new Chevy Monday... customer walks around corner. Sees spindle hanging and strut removed and freaked out!!!  Started yelling and cussing wanting to know why In the hell I was taking his truck apart.  Just shook my head

:facepalm can you imagine how it would've gone if you were installing a 4"+ and they happened to poke their head in while you were cutting off the frame brackets :lol

41 minutes ago, highplains said:

:facepalm can you imagine how it would've gone if you were installing a 4"+ and they happened to poke their head in while you were cutting off the frame brackets :lol

Oh it happens. Was doing a 6” kit on a new 150 one day. Salesman on the deal at the dealership came to get some info off it. Walked in while I’m cutting the crossmember for new diff mounts. He shit a brick. Customers amaze me...  want custom work but wonder why I need to remove or modify what’s there to do so smh

1 hour ago, CnCCustoms said:

Oh it happens. Was doing a 6” kit on a new 150 one day. Salesman on the deal at the dealership came to get some info off it. Walked in while I’m cutting the crossmember for new diff mounts. He shit a brick. Customers amaze me...  want custom work but wonder why I need to remove or modify what’s there to do so smh

:lol2 I bet! I always wondered on the ones that I've done if anyone in the sales process (be it the salesman, parts rep, or service advisor) warn them that the trucks end up permanently modified and can't be returned to stock without a replacement frame :money

50 minutes ago, highplains said:

:lol2 I bet! I always wondered on the ones that I've done if anyone in the sales process (be it the salesman, parts rep, or service advisor) warn them that the trucks end up permanently modified and can't be returned to stock without a replacement frame :money

No they don’t explain that!  When a walk in customer asks about it my shop I explain every detail. Your chevys now can be returned to stock with a retro bracket that is welded in. I’ve done a few.  But yeah the dealerships trip me out they don’t know what’s going on normally so they don’t explain it correctly.  I got the old “you have to put water on it?” Once while tinting on site at dealership and almost fell over lol