Last one to post #848

7 minutes ago, Tintmaster08 said:

So I have a question for you flat glass pros. If you charge a company for removal and charge them by the square foot and tell them it’ll take 3 days but instead it took 4 hours, should the price change any?

What happened to cause it to be such a difference?

What happened to cause it to be such a difference?

They sent an office guy out to do a test removal on one window and It took him three hours to remove one window. So they figured it would take three days to remove it all but it only took the techs three hours to do it.

Well you're charging by the square foot, time shouldn't matter. Now if you quoted it and later found out it was static cling then no I don't think removal should be charged.

It wasn’t static cling it was actual film and adhesive involved but the office guy doesn’t have a clue on film removal and how to do it properly. In my opinion he should have never been sent to the job to do a test removal but an actual tech should have done it. The removal was billed by the square foot and not by the hour or the day, they just assumed it would take the actual techs three days to do it and it only took them 3 to 4 hours.

Nope. Price is the price. Depending on the client and how everything was setup, I might give them a little bit of a break, but the only reason it did not take 3 days was due to knowledge and skill, which takes time to develop and should be compensated for.