Looking to open a store need help

Hey guys been doing tint for the last 15 year really good at it. Need advice on the business side of it.  Capital amount? I have the quality and speed. Just haven’t been able to gain the capital needed. Need advice and on what else I need to start the business 

21 hours ago, tintman305 said:

Hey guys been doing tint for the last 15 year really good at it. Need advice on the business side of it.  Capital amount? I have the quality and speed. Just haven’t been able to gain the capital needed. Need advice and on what else I need to start the business 

Stay at your job, do side work to build up capital, by the time the business and it's capital have been built up and you're familiar with it, you'll know better how to start the storefront. My 2 cents. 

Whatever you do, PLEASE don’t become the cheap guy when you start. It seems so common for every new shop entry to want to have the lowest price. Shop A will set a sign out front $120/car. Shop B down the road $109/car.  Shop A says nope, changes sign to $105/car. Shop B retaliates by changing sign to $99/car. It makes ZERO sense to race to the bottom. That does nothing but ruin your local market and steer the cheap people your way. And you don’t want ether of those. Good luck with everything! 

I think one of the biggest costs associated with opening up a location is the location itself. How much work it will need to make it into a tint shop will greatly vary. Sometimes you may need to do costly construction work, and sometimes the location will need little to no work except maybe some paint, furniture, office stuff etc. Save up as much capital as you can so you can start out right.