Advice needed for 21yr tint veteran

5 hours ago, JaySun Rayzor said:

Jahaha, Gm’s wants 3m film with 3m ppf, and 3m door guards, thinks he can price 4 door cars at 169 to compete with local tint shops using lesser film, local guy charges  269for color stable and 400 + for crystalline. He didn’t have a clue ! Once again thanks everyone

GM’s rarely do, stuck in those towers too long I guess? So if he wants to sell it for $169, he wants you to tint them for what? $60

On 8/17/2018 at 6:16 PM, Bham said:

I understand that the customers don’t know who Global is,,,but we do.  

Global - made by Garware - everyone knows that.  Not reboxed and unknown.  

Core product company, from the PET up.  Just like Llumar after they bought up enough to have that claim.  

Take the name recognition out of the equation, and Global is every bit as good, if not better than MMM & Lulu.  

Go with what is known to last.   :thumb 

Is solar fx  same as global...?? Is there a price difference just ordered some carbon fx 15%

2 minutes ago, quality tintz said:

Is solar fx  same as global...?? Is there a price difference just ordered some carbon fx 15%

No they are not the same.  Price is comparable as well as film quality.  

On 8/20/2018 at 3:12 PM, JaySun Rayzor said:

Jahaha, Gm’s wants 3m film with 3m ppf, and 3m door guards, thinks he can price 4 door cars at 169 to compete with local tint shops using lesser film, local guy charges  269for color stable and 400 + for crystalline. He didn’t have a clue ! Once again thanks everyone

$400 for Crystalline? Wtf? What do you think @DynamicATL?

9 hours ago, Stewy said:

$400 for Crystalline? Wtf? What do you think @DynamicATL?

Yeah, FL type prices like highplains said.  On small coupes we start at $399 because that is where my main competition starts...then goes up from there for the rest of the vehicles.  Once 3M Nightfall Ceramic comes out, I am hoping everyone will push Crystalline up to $500 for the starting prices.

10 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

Yeah, FL type prices like highplains said.  On small coupes we start at $399 because that is where my main competition starts...then goes up from there for the rest of the vehicles.  Once 3M Nightfall Ceramic comes out, I am hoping everyone will push Crystalline up to $500 for the starting prices.

Wow.... thats crazy. Crystalline guy here charges around $1500 for a sedan.

Just now, Stewy said:

Wow.... thats crazy. Crystalline guy here charges around $1500 for a sedan.

IMO, based on the price of the film, $600-$700 would be ideal here in GA.  States that have a higher cost of living being closer to the $1000+ range.  The downside here is the existing dealers (the good ones) all start off lower like that, so I just match it.  Which I understand because if you only carry 3M, you don't have a film to fill the price gap between 3M CS and 3M CR.  They have a Ceramic IR film coming out that will take care of that issue so hoping prices will increase.