Last One To Post #893

1 hour ago, jh812 said:

Mine too I don't know what's going on :lol

Nah it had slowed down prior to the storm. Hopefully it does one of two things. Not much damage and back to normal, or floods every car and I'm busy till Christmas :lol

:lol Yeah, definitely doesn’t help here having that storm looming on the horizon. Was a growing trend though, calls been tapering off the last few weeks. 

Kind of of in a holding pattern to see if I need clear out the shop. If we get a lot of rain in the valley the shop will prob flood again. Think I’d be done with this location if it does.... 

Our shop is busy, I’ve been here all week with 4 to 5 a day and the flat glass guys are swamped. One guy is working on a 3,000 sqft job and the other two are doing a pretty big house job, don’t know the square foot on that one but I know they got 4 close to 5 digits for it. I have three boats to do but the weather is the only thing slowing that one down.

:yawn   Morning ever E body  

@Tint Eastwood  I think you should go ahead and get prepped for lots of water.  It's hard to call, but even in the outer bands, you could get hammered with tons of rain.  I would go ahead and get ready for it now while you are slow.  If business doesn't pick up after you are prepped, then use that time to find a better location.  

Sounds like both need to be done. :twocents  

I am not that busy right now.  Doing stuff, but not booked by any means. :twiddlethumbs    Oh well,  got one to do, so let's get at it.  :work  post-28358-0-18176700-1453244589.gif

Edited by Bham

1 hour ago, Bham said:

@Tint Eastwood  I think you should go ahead and get prepped for lots of water.  It's hard to call, but even in the outer bands, you could get hammered with tons of rain.  I would go ahead and get ready for it now while you are slow.  If business doesn't pick up after you are prepped, then use that time to find a better location.  

Sounds like both need to be done. :twocents  

You’re right, prob gonna rent a uhaul trailer and load up the good stuff. I’ve been looking at places the last couple weeks but it is a tough market right now for retail/shop space. Investors are scooping up all the property and pricing out the small businesses.

Soooo tired of loading everything up a couple times a year because of the threat of flooding, not to mention my landlord has been MIA since the last flood. Still cashing them checks though....

@Tint Eastwood  I hope you can find a new place suitable for what you do.  All the rain that is coming will be a good way to pay attention to what is and isn't a good spot.  

Get out and look while there is still water everywhere and pick the driest spot. :D 

Are y'all catching any of these live feeds from the beaches :gasp  Fox5 has the pier at Atlantic Beach, NC up, and it is already getting hammered with BIG waves. :scared   

It's never good, but I'm afraid this is going to be another bad one like Katrina :nervous   

Here's one from YouTube :tv   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deG4NxkouGM

Edited by Bham

Just now, jh812 said:

Already flooding in my area and hasn't even started raining yet.

About to watch the pier at Atlantic Beach come apart live.  Waves are rocking it like crazy.  It won't be long now.