Last One To Post #893

@jh812  If you do stay,, make sure it won't affect your insurance coverage.  Because the evacuation was mandatory, or ordered, you might be at some risk of a violation for staying.  Just a thought.  I could be totally wrong on that but it's Just something to also keep in mind when making choices like this.  I hope nothing happens, but stay safe and smart Brother. :cool  

Edited by Bham

32 minutes ago, Super Dave said:

@jh812

Man, I understand that! I’ve evacuated for 1 and stayed for a couple- really both ways suck! Are you on the dirty side of the storm ( as forecasted )? 

Im far enough inland that the biggest concern really is the flooding, but man does it flood!

Yeah we're on the bad side and can expect flooding. Still gonna go but I had the wife bribe me :eyebrows

@bham yeah not really sure about the insurance stuff. I did call my guy Monday and discussed everything but he didn't mention that. Either way I'm leaving the one vehicle that if it floods I'm covered. Actually driving my mom's to Ohio and parking my stuff inside. Work van is at the shop and my landlord right down the road I told to keep an eye on things. He's got a full arsenal at his place and I told him if anything happens shoot to kill :lol

I got lucky when I road out Wilma about 10years ago.  I was at a Holiday Inn Express, right on the beach.  Glass breakage was a big issue during the storm, but the flooding and power outages is the worst part.  People don't prepare to be out of power that long.  They think it will only be a short time, but the water doesn't go away as fast as you would think, and it takes forever to get power back properly.  The aftermath is definitely the worst part, if you don't get hurt during the storm. :hide 

I can’t remember which storm it was, but some years back we got one, right after another pretty bad one hit elsewhere. So when it came time to get water,gas, etc.

It all ran out quick, with no new stock coming in, because everything had been diverted to the other storm site. 

I hate it here before a storm, the news scares the hell out of everyone to go out and buy water and gas. What do you need a full take of gas in a Honda for, if your staying put? The Honda ends up being completely submerged, or at best unable to be driven for a week while the water subsides!