Any tricks on reverse rolling windshields ???

9 hours ago, quality tintz said:

Yes and more detail soak the pattern or window or both??? Lots of slip in solution please explain ????

I like to wet the window generously but I wouldn't say super soaking. I spray a lot more on my pattern. At the same time you want to make sure you have enough slip on the windshield. I hate when it sticks because it leaves more potential for flaws. I also always use foam cleaner around the edges on top and by the pillars and swipe with a paper towel just like @Blackwolftinting and not hit the headliner on final squeegee or spray slip up there. I've learned to do about 1-2 additional flush and downward passes with my yellow turbo on the sides to get rid of contamination on the sides. 

Another thing I like to do is a partial peel prior to me bringing the roll into the car. How much of the partial peel I do kinda depends on the windshield. Sometimes I peel 1/4 and sometimes half the roll. I think it depends on access. 

Last thing is sometimes I tape the headliner if I think theres a chance the film might touch it. Usually only the first half of the windshield. I sometimes do this on the back glass as well. 

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps

Reverse roll everything here. With no to little contamination every time.... sounds crazy but after you shrink and prep inside. We use dollar tree windshield squeegees to wipe the liner off. Spray the liner side. Pick the corner. Spray as your peeling he liner half way. Spray film. Use one hands to wipe the liner back onto the film from middle outward.  Repeat on the opposite side BUT DONT PULL THE LINER ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER STOPPING POINT. Leave about 1” spray and wipe from that line outward.  Spray outside of the entire liner. Roll it up doesn’t matter if it is pencil tight or broom handle loose honestly. Leave a few inches u rolled and the liner will be a hair long than that.  Pull liner back. Rack down a few inches of film.  Unroll while sliding your other hand along to lay it down as you go. Squeegee and done. 

A soak shield rope has become my new favorite. Prep is most important. After you clean run your hand over the entire windshield while wet looking for sticker, tape, glue, spray whatever remains on the window. Remove the mirror if you can and any other obstacle..A pillars are sometimes a must like on Audi A4. All this has been said before..just practice and take your time and it will work out for you.