Visor strip trick with fat sharpie !!!

When you are doing a visor strip it sometimes sucks going back and forth with a tape measure my friend taught me to measure from the top and make several marks like 8 in 9 inch 10 inch and 11 inch say like four marks then you can just line the tint with a factory Edge on the two Sharpie lines and cut off the top when you install you just line up the tint to the line you picked it helps a lot on not going back and forth with a tape measure this is for hand cutting....

Edited by quality tintz

I use my blu max on inside to get a rough measure. Once in place, i use blu tape on the bottom edge and align to it on install.  

For some 2 pieces ones, i lay out film like normal.  Then cut down middle and tilt each side so its at a more straight angle.  Looks so much better than having it start small and end big.  Ram truck is one vehicle that i do it on. 

Edited by pbalentine
Wording

13 hours ago, TQtinting said:

I’ve used a wax pencil before and mark the windshield. Rubs right off when you’re done. 

3 hours ago, Tint Slayer said:

Same

This is how I have done the ones that customers have asked for extra length on. Wax pencil marks at equal lengths on the sides. 

I then run a piece of masking tape as straight as I can (with the curve of course) and shrink as needed. This gives me a full length reference for setting things in place.