Llumar ctx, vs xpel prime xr + vs suntek cir. What’s best

What’s the best film of these 3? Seems like the suntek cir specs are a tad higher then llumar ctx if I read correctly, but watched some product demos and the xpel seems to absolutely put the llumar and suntek to shame.. what are your guys personal thoughts ? Which would you rather carry 

If you are looking to add a line, each of those films has small performance differences...in the real world probably not going to tell.  So your concern should be more about if you like the appearance, how well does the film install for you (shrink/scratching/adhesive), and the price of the product.  Out of the 3, I would drop the CIR as Suntek has more scratching issues, one of the higher low angle haze films, and just overall lower quality.

There is no right film, just what works best for you.  Best thing to do is to get samples of each and feel them out.

For all the Global people about to jump on the thread, you can suck it.  :lol   :nohit: :sorry

Brand recognition is something to consider too and comes into play more in some areas it seems. Which of these, along with Global would sell the best to those set on 3m Crystalline? Get people calling and thinking it has 97% heat rejection! Is that IR rejection selective??

Edited by pbalentine

57 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

If you are looking to add a line, each of those films has small performance differences...in the real world probably not going to tell.  So your concern should be more about if you like the appearance, how well does the film install for you (shrink/scratching/adhesive), and the price of the product.  Out of the 3, I would drop the CIR as Suntek has more scratching issues, one of the higher low angle haze films, and just overall lower quality.

There is no right film, just what works best for you.  Best thing to do is to get samples of each and feel them out.

For all the Global people about to jump on the thread, you can suck it.  :lol   :nohit: :sorry

Just give me anything other than brand recognition. :lol

Can’t speak for the llumar. But run from the suntek for sure. Too many issues. Then there’s the xpel... which I have nothing but good things to say. We use global but have sampled plenty of the xpel and it handles the same. Installs the same. Shrinks the same. BUT the xpel has the most aggressive adhesive I’ve ever seen. Screw brand recognition 99% of our customers don’t know nor care what film we use. 

Edited by CnCCustoms

I agree with the approach of pushing your shop above any brands. It is you, not them making it happen after all. If any of our customers want a name brand, it's either CTX or Crystalline that they ask for; it is a very small percentage of business. 

Suntek CIR I would skip because of haze, lack of track record, and their unwillingness to fix past scratching issues. 

I personally didn't like the look/tone of xpel.

CTX is a thinner feeling film.  It looks and performs great. It's been solid for years. 

Totally agree with them all feeling the same, performance wise in real world scenarios. 

Im relatively new into the tinting world and I’ve tried a bunch of films. Been using rayno for past year, but just got my hands on some llumar at a shop all last week and I must admit I’m in love with llumar. I’m really leaning towards trying to get set up with it. I just have to make sure I can guarantee to do enough work and buy enough film for their standards 

We started off carry Solargard HP and was selling film from $150-$185.  We then switch to Suntek Carbon and CXP and was sell fillm $150-$265.  All these years while doing these 2 film, we have alot of customer mostly Toyota, lexus and bmw asking for 3M.  We tell them that we don’t carry that film and try to convert them over to Suntek.  Some would say yes but most leave and go somewhere else. So in 2010 I decided to learn more about 3M and stock the film.  That was the best business move  I made till this day. We was doing 10-12k with Suntek a month in tint to now doing well over 40k just in 3M Crystalline a month. I post of pictures of very nice cars geeting Crystalline but in fact...most of our crystalline sale are to Toyota and Lexus. 98% of our tint are all new vehicles compare to not carrying 3M. The shop have tranform from just wanting to work on car to now being the go to shop for all quality and high end work because of 3M. We hardly have to sell Crystalline, the consumer are asking for it and scheduling appointment all day.  We do 1k plus tint on a car and do 4-6 a day.  I would recommend carrying 3M if you are doing retail.

Edited by Midtown Houston

2 hours ago, blackoutauto said:

Having a high end brand name film was the best move we did as well. Easiest way to poach a customer is to tell them to google the products they are purchasing. Then wham! They pay triple

Seems like llumar and or 3m would be the most  common, I think I’d lean towards going with llumar before 3m