Tint peel boards! Let’s see yours

I drew this one up, never made it, if anyone has any tips to improve this i'm all ears i think i may need to add a brace on the bottom legs, this one is wood but i also do steel work so would like to draw up one of the steel ones i see people on here have if anyone wants to give me the dimensions.

PeelBoard_082217.JPG

On 10/30/2018 at 7:51 AM, Tint Slayer said:

I drew this one up, never made it, if anyone has any tips to improve this i'm all ears i think i may need to add a brace on the bottom legs, this one is wood but i also do steel work so would like to draw up one of the steel ones i see people on here have if anyone wants to give me the dimensions.

PeelBoard_082217.JPG

You tint windows on the side right? I tint on the side and cabinet maker full time. I only see drawings like this by the architects . Very nice drawing👍

Edited by Ziapro

Oh yeah it seems a little short I stand 69" my peel board is about 72" but plan on putting casters to raise it a little . I cut my film upside down and having around I level makes it easier as I have my big board mounted higher on the  wall. Just what I've experienced.

@Ziapro Bingo! :-)

@Bubbles i was a certified welder as well

i started out as a Union Ironworker climbing steel in NYC in the 80s (also owned a Steel Fabrication shop for a few years, did structural steel and misc), i was a Project Manager on large steel projects in NYC in the late 90s/early 2000's and currently a Steel Detailer (i draw up every piece of steel in a building and it's my main gig). You know how it is, can't just have one thing going. Currently when steel drawing work slows down the Tint work picks up so it's a good balance.

As far as the peel board, i've seen a few out there made of metal, i'm trying to get someone to give the measurements of a good metal one that i (or you) could make out of steel. I'm open for any suggestions on how to draw it up.

Edited by Tint Slayer