Sedan vs Crossover pricing

I decided to price all 4 door sedans and crossover SUVs with 7 - windows the same price. Theres just a lot more SUVs now with 7 windows instead of 9.  Just dont see the point in charging more for a crossover when it the same amount of film or less than a sedan and i dont have to crawl in a back seat. What do you guys think??

I'm about the same, imo they're easier to do so I don't see a need in charging more. Film usage has to be close to the same when you think about it. The half windows in the back will most of the time stack on top of the back glass so none extra used. Also I can do those quicker given most have privacy glass and you don't have to worry as much.

Seems many still price them much more.  IMO, this is pricing from over 10 years ago when SUVs had 9 windows and required a 22” roll for rollups. Did an 19’ Equinox the other day and pulled a 40” roll slightly larger than the BG. Then used the fall off for both rear rollups. 

IMO I would price the Sedan option where you want it, then go higher on the crossovers/SUVs.  Even though the number of windows can be the same or the size of the windows could be smaller, the perception is it is a larger vehicle so more money.  We have 3 main price options...Coupe, Sedan, SUV/Truck.  We charge the same for a single cab truck as a crew cab.  We charge the same for a Mercedes E Class coupe as a Mazda Miata.  I look at it is may lose here and there, but then you gain on others.

56 minutes ago, DynamicATL said:

IMO I would price the Sedan option where you want it, then go higher on the crossovers/SUVs.  Even though the number of windows can be the same or the size of the windows could be smaller, the perception is it is a larger vehicle so more money.  We have 3 main price options...Coupe, Sedan, SUV/Truck.  We charge the same for a single cab truck as a crew cab.  We charge the same for a Mercedes E Class coupe as a Mazda Miata.  I look at it is may lose here and there, but then you gain on others.

Getting more money I why I was pricing higher. Its just that there are many more small crossovers today. Pricing the same i think i get more of them. 

46 minutes ago, blackoutauto said:

same goes with difficulty level, lets say i charge 495 for 7 windows on an audi s4 which takes me 2 hours to do , I also charge 495 for a kia optima which takes me 1hour to do and much easier. I win some and lose some. Hope most the time I win.

I try to charge the same for each vehicle, but will charge more for if the vehicle is much more difficlult. A good example would be VW Jettas and Passats, which take me much longer than your average sedan. Last Jetta i did, i said i was going to stop tinting them!

With the SUV's and Trucks outselling normal sedans now,  I find that I am installing more and more IR film on top of the factory tinted glass.  It is a great up sale to be able  to install Xpel XR70% on top of the factory tinted glass.  Most customers come in for 2 fronts to be tinted and end up getting the rest of the SUV or truck tinted.