Last one to post #925

Granddad's visitation yesterday. Glad all that's done and over with. I can only think though he smoked and drank for 50 something years. His brother is in his 90's and mother died in her's as well. He always said though that if that's what kills him he'll be a happy man. 

Morning ever E body post-28358-0-21302900-1452778186_thumb.gif  

@TintDude  That is really some amazing work on the watch cycles. :blink I am thoroughly impressed.   :notwrthy  Very Nice!!   

@jh812  funerals and such SUCK!  But they are what we (people)  have created as necessary.   A good long and purposeful life is really all we can hope and strive for.  

Hey Charley, @Sunbreakers     I didn't want to hijack other dude's thread. :lol  

11 hours ago, Sunbreakers said:

@Bham It was good to get to stop for a visit today. Told you I would try to make it more frequent :D.  I wish I had read your post above before I stopped by. I would have told you in person what I will type to you now.

In life I have learned that for every one or two good decisions you make there is bound to be a bad one. Not hiring you back in the 90's was a terrible decision on my part and an oversight that I should not have allowed to happen. I wasn't willing to give you a chance, didn't think you had the drive for it, and I let other folks influence my decisions when I should have at least given you an opportunity. You have proved me wrong many times...you have certainly been driven and you have achieved my achievements...your own shop. That one mistake of mine not only was very obviously my loss, but it also alienated us from each other and put a strain on our friendship maybe even still today. In front of all of these good, professional folks here on this forum, Jason,  I want you to know I am very sorry. I hope others here can learn from my mistake and always be willing to take a chance on others. I am very proud of you for what you have achieved. 

Charley 

The past is what it is.  Can't change that, only learn from it.  And can't let it beat you up because of the choices made or what happened due to those choices.  

Who knows?  If we had actually worked together, we might hate each other at this point. OR, we could still have a shop going somewhere and be just fine.  No way to know how that all would have turned out. :dunno    We were still able to hang out and be friends even though I was working for Rusty at the time.  There is nothing to apologize for.  Like I said, neither of us knows how it would have gone 20 years ago.  Life itself affects people and life might have gotten in the way of business, for either or both of us,  and it might not have gone the proper direction.  But we are still friends and that is the main thing. :thumb  :beer   

I am trying to make it work here at my little bay.  I haven't had an actual "Boss" in over 8 years now and as most anybody knows, it's slow going to get to,,, quote " That Point", where you can be comfortable with what you have built. :wall    I know I don't have the flashiest shop or a bunch of accessories and lights and radios etc, etc.  I'm also not the fastest tinter on the planet by any means, but I try.  I try to do it right, and have happy customers.  That's really all I want.  A steady schedule of happy customers.  Don't need all the headaches that come with the accessories side of things.  I can do and have done all of that and don't really enjoy that part of it, so for now, I will just keep on trying to get my little bay on the map. :D 

still don't have a shop pig though. :poke     

Edited by Bham