Anything better or at par with Xpel out there?

What's the consensus out there for what is the easiest to install?  install in terms of stretch, fingering etc?  Also, any other cutting software out there that's comparable to DAP?  We do part time on weekends and have been doing it for over 1.5 years.  Not much and still learning but wanted to get some additional help.  Probably done 50 plus cars 

We've been trained with XPEL and using their films and DAP - they're great no issues except not a very helpful rep at this time.  No names here but he is kind of call customer service for everything guy and never wants to help.

Anyhow, looking around and want to know what all you installers are doing w/ pre-cuts, solutions and films?  Anything out there that's comparable or better than Xpel in film and software?

Any input will be appreciated.

I prefer Suntek over Xpel in the area of stretching and adhesive tack and optical clarity.  They are close in looks but Sutek has the edge over Xpel for clarity and stretches much better for sure.  You may like the stronger faster adhesive but I don't.  

As far as software I think Xpel has the upper hand for sure but it's way expensive for my tastes as I do mostly bulk installs so I won't see the value of it like other installers will.

Pro's and Con's to both but IMO Xpels has more con's and Suntek has more pro's but if you're good with Xpel and can get good clean installs then stick to what you're good at.   Don't try to fix it if it aint broke.  

Josh

Hi @Noel, while XPEL is definitely geared more towards the full time installer, there isn’t much that customer service isn’t equipped to do, short of giving advice on SEO or walking you into car dealerships.  

What was it that you needed help with?

10 hours ago, JoshVette said:

I prefer Suntek over Xpel in the area of stretching and adhesive tack and optical clarity.  They are close in looks but Sutek has the edge over Xpel for clarity and stretches much better for sure.  You may like the stronger faster adhesive but I don't.  

As far as software I think Xpel has the upper hand for sure but it's way expensive for my tastes as I do mostly bulk installs so I won't see the value of it like other installers will.

Pro's and Con's to both but IMO Xpels has more con's and Suntek has more pro's but if you're good with Xpel and can get good clean installs then stick to what you're good at.   Don't try to fix it if it aint broke.  

Josh

Thanks Josh!  Have never tried Suntek but heard most say the same about their products.  Currently, I'm only an Xpel installer and as mentioned above since we do part time and the cost of DAP every month is cutting into our bottom line.  

Looking to take it full time by hiring guys to help us out and taking in more cars and forming a proper company.  

Are you doing solo or do you have a company and if so any tips or advice for us to take take our install full time?

Thanks,

2 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

Hi @Noel, while XPEL is definitely geared more towards the full time installer, there isn’t much that customer service isn’t equipped to do, short of giving advice on SEO or walking you into car dealerships.  

What was it that you needed help with?

Hi Jeff, first all I would like to say Xpel has been been great so far and CS very helpful.  I think you were our initial rep when we started and trained in SA. 

We signed up for the advanced course - will the DAP be covered a bit more in detail as we never had any official training on the software portion when we did the 4 day initial course?

The software is generally something that CS walks people through over the phone while remotely logged in. 

Just let your trainers know that you’d like some DAP training while you’re in town and we can get you with a customer service member.  

Shoot me me an email at johillips@xpel.com with any specifics that you’d like to learn and I can have someone reach out to you.  

I switched from Xpel to Suntek and i like it. I did go from XPEL Ultimate to Suntek Ultra though so maybe a bit of apples and oranges as i never tried the Ultimate +. As mentioned above there is a lot that comes into play with choosing who to go with. Software pricing and CS are big. I know XPEL in the US are great and loved dealing with the guys there. Was a different story over hear though, i wont go into it too much but it was more about selling film so setting up installers as direct competition in the area wasnt a concern instead of growing current installers business. In the US i believe you dont have that issue as country distributors are more concerned with the bottom dollar since they have an investment riding on it.

As far as the software goes, Truecut has come leaps and bounds. I am very impressed with the newer patterns and its getting easier to use. Not as easy as i found DAP but for the price i dont mind taking some extra time to tinker and i expect it to get easier over time. Suntek have also teamed up with creaform3d to implement new 3D scanning technology. the machine used looks pretty wicked and if they say it will be even more accurate then thats exciting. Bottom line is they are constantly trying to improve all aspects so i have no issues sticking with Truecut. 

Edited by Supreme

Guest dont know what to do

Im having the same problem with our Xpel Rep, try calling never pick up the phone,dont call back don't know wants going on.The techs at Xpel  are not like the same tech they had last year the ones now do not know what they are doing when it comes to navigating you through their DAP software,i talked to 3 different people its the same with all of them not knowing how to,they should have been trained fully on the program before taking calls!Hopefully it gets better soon  or im jumping ship!

28 minutes ago, Guest dont know what to do said:

Im having the same problem with our Xpel Rep, try calling never pick up the phone,dont call back don't know wants going on.The techs at Xpel  are not like the same tech they had last year the ones now do not know what they are doing when it comes to navigating you through their DAP software,i talked to 3 different people its the same with all of them not knowing how to,they should have been trained fully on the program before taking calls!Hopefully it gets better soon  or im jumping ship!

We still have the same folks on board, just added to the team and expanded tech and customer support to include our Canadian office for longer coverage throughout the day. 

The new folks will will be fully versed soon!

shoot an email to me at jphillips@xpel.com if you’d like to discuss details or anything further about your rep. 

On 5/28/2019 at 9:50 AM, Noel said:

Thanks Josh!  Have never tried Suntek but heard most say the same about their products.  Currently, I'm only an Xpel installer and as mentioned above since we do part time and the cost of DAP every month is cutting into our bottom line.  

Looking to take it full time by hiring guys to help us out and taking in more cars and forming a proper company.  

Are you doing solo or do you have a company and if so any tips or advice for us to take take our install full time?

Thanks,

I actually do it solo.  It takes a little longer but the quality is so much higher, this whole year I've been booked out nearly 3 months and taking deposits to secure appointments.... seriously.

The Suntek software is good enough and for the price, I like it since I rarely ever use it and you only pay a monthly fee and no fee per kit.  DAP is like a Ferrari and TruCut is like a Corvette. 😉

My only advice is don't try to make it big before you make it small.  Hiring is fine if you have the demand and are booked out far enough but once you have a dry month all that overhead is going to bite you hard.  If I had my way, I'd have one helper who did a lot of prep and secondary things or small simple things and I'd do all the main installs.  

I have a lot of competitors around me being in the Dallas area but I don't even think about them.  They do lots of volume and have crew of kids whipping cars out so fast but I've seen their work....  I don't mind spending 3 days on a car and turning out amazing results when I know the guys down the street can do it in a day. 

Most people think being successful equals making it big and making tons of money but that's kind of like Walmart or McDonalds, I'd rather be the 5 star restaurant or the Neiman Marcus you know.  

Josh