Looking for film that leaves no glue when removed

I do work for a movie car company and they get the windows tinted and then has to be removed on set, then reapplied again. This happens at least 2 times a week. The film is usually on there for a day or 2 before removed and installed. So I'm looking for a film that doesn't leave any glue behind. 

Get a thick crappy brand, thick so it wont break apart when removing and crappy so the adhesive won't stick, check out some Chinese films.

Another option may be to try weaken the adhesive before install. like maybe add a little baby oil to your slip to keep it from fully adhering.

We just today got our first pre production roll of a clean removal film...that everyone hates to remove..above all others... hoping to have it available to the public in the next few weeks. 😎

I have a buddy who used Terraflex from FlexFilm and he said it came off with zero glue behind. He’s also somewhat experienced so I’m sure he went slow and pulled at the correct angle. I haven’t seen too many films come off cleanly without heat / steam but maybe Terraflex is different. 

On 9/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, mrteak said:

I do work for a movie car company and they get the windows tinted and then has to be removed on set, then reapplied again. This happens at least 2 times a week. The film is usually on there for a day or 2 before removed and installed. So I'm looking for a film that doesn't leave any glue behind. 

Just use Rain-X before install on the glass and extra extra slip for the install.

Low-tack adhesives (those that remove with no residue left behind) are mostly used on materials from Asia mfg for their markets where it is preferred.

If found in the US market just know they have a shorter 'sun exposed' life expectancy in terms of clarity and bond strength compared to the true professional grade films that leave adhesive behind when removed.