HOW CLEAN ENOUGH IS FOR WINDOW TINT?

Guest gus738

Guest gus738

hey everyone well everywhere I go and every tinter I ask how clean does a window need to be ( have many friends in tint buisness) they always say your windows have to be super clean :bat , the cleaner the windows the better the tint results... :bat .

Now thing is HOW CLEAN????? does it have to be? :dunno:bat my ideal is to look at the glass facing from the sun? or do I use some kind of acid ? :beer or clean enough that you dont have spots and or lints?

thoughts anyone?

QUESTION # 2 I have a 06' Honda Civic 2dr couple Ex and I am giong to do a full tint but front windshiled , now my question is : on the quater panel theirs 2 stickers from oem that I would like to keep . one is about a circle sticker that says total protection alarm or someting ? :lol2 and the 2nd it has a small scuare like and it says ultra low emsion or someting.....

QUESTION #3 My rear window and alonge with my quater panels have dot matrix things.... MY TINT IS GOING TO BE COMPUTER CUT , so I dont know if it matters , but if it does what can I do about it ? I want my tint to look professional , and I have so so skills .

I CAN POST PICTURES , in case that helps and I would apriciate alot if you guys can drop a line of your thoughts.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest outkast tinter

I'm in San Diego area, and was wondering if this is a do it yourself type question post

You need to do it indoors, and you need to strip all stickers, and you'll get a warranty if you have it professionally installed.

DIY to us means "Destroy It Yourself"

Guest gus738

yea I plan to do this my self , I'v tinted ford expedition 00' front windows honda accord 93 front windows and currently going to tint honda accord 96 4dr everyting but front windshiled and then after that go to my 06 civic

but this tint it perfect computer cut tint I have the link but its from ebay ( very reptuable company)

sorry for the slow reply my net is weridly going slow right now , and yes I know about the strips on the rear window and side windows and front windows arent so bad its the rear one that diy comes to a mess ...

but like I said this is a computer cut tint PERFECT cut

Guest outkast tinter

Computer cut is only as good as the knucklehead who cut the pattern that was digitized into the computer. FAR FROM PERFECT IMO. I've been tinting since 1985, and would never rely on another guys pattern to be "PERFECT" Just let that sink in

Guest gus738

well I have lifetime warranty no bubbles no fade no color change and the feedback is more then enough to describe the profesincy , but back to me any thoughts on my questions???? anyone?

Guest gus738

I know I was kinda skecptical but hey reputaion says everything , and with the money back warrantys what I loose ? I mean thats 40 dollars if I do my tint correctly 40 bucks for complete tint of my choice?

I am not aware of the manafature who made tint but heres links

http://stores.ebay.com/XtremeCity ebay store

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT my item

Guest solarspot

If you have tinted the other cars you know how clean the windows have to be. You need to scrub the back window with a pad and learn how to shrink film. :dunno

Archived