Advantage questions

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Hi, :lol2 to the board

I'll be the first one to admit, I know nothing of your product, just what I've heard on here.

Alot of people on here like the product, and have some good things to say about it. It was said that Advantage is made by Aegis Films. Judging from your screen name, I guess that's a fact.

Last night when the topic was brought up, I did a google search, and this is what I came up with:

http://www.aegisfilms.com/

Which lists Madico and V Kool products. I know that websites sometimes don't get updated, lord knows mine hasen't been in a while :lol2

then this one:

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?d...16&site=ofc

Not sure if that is a differant company or not, but it lists them as being in Woburn Mass. which is where madico's home office is located.

and finally this ad, which is a yellow pages ad:

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/profile~...F+9Gg%3D%3D.htm

Which again lists Madico and V Kool :lol2 that is where I came up to the ASSumption it was a reboxed Madico product.

Sometimes the internet is a wonderful thing, and sometimes it leads to alot of misinfromation.

Just curious out here in AZ, Thanks for your time.

Harold

I started this thread, so that the other thread doesn't get hijacked anymore than it already has. :lol2:lol2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Nice to see aegispresident registered.

Aegis was previously Comfort Vision. CV was a Madico/V-Kool dist.

Now Aegis is Aegis and sells a film called Advantage (auto line).

Thus the old website. Their websites were down for a few months....I guess the update hasn't gone through yet.

Guest willie

Thus the old website. Their websites were down for a few months....I guess the update hasn't gone through yet.

So now we have the president on board and your still speaking for the company :lol2

Guest CajunTinter

I think it's good that he's here and willing to answer questions..... :lol2

Website updates, however, can be done in minutes not months, I am interested to see what he has to say in relation to the legitimate Advantage window film questions.. :lol2:lol2

Let's hope he chimes in soon.... :lol2

Just trying to clear things up. I didn't see he had posted on:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...36552&st=25

If he's willing to say it's 100% made in the USA and it's in print on brochures I'll believe it. I just hadn't seen it in print before.

I thought someone else was making that claim without Aegis saying it.

Oh, being nice now, are we??? :lol2

Guest aegispresident

The websites are completely my responsibility. The www.aegisfilms.com site will ultimately be a site for manufacturing. It is outdated. The information on that site was created in 2000/2001. I am removing all of the current content and posting an information page.

Aegis Films was a Madico distributor. Aegis Films is still a V-Kool distributor. V-Kool is the only product that we currently sell that we do not manufacture. I work through V-Kool USA in Houston, TX. Aegis Films works very closely with V-Kool USA and we do not compete with them.

The Aegis company in Boston is just a coincidence. I came up with the Aegis name. Aegis is from Greek mythology and means the shield or breastplate of Zeus.

The Aegis yellow pages ad is our company. In 2000/2001, I decided to create local installation shops in the cities where we had offices. It was a debatable/controversial decision that has been used by the competition. It gave me the ability to have first hand knowledge of what works and what does not work in the marketplace.

The new site for product information on Advantage Automotive Films and Acuity Architectural Films is www.1800GETTINT.com and is also our toll free number, which comes into my office in Atlanta, GA. The content on the 1800GETTINT site is old as well. The new content is due in September.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Let me say this. I use alot of film products from different manufactures and distributers. This is no secret to anyone. I like alot of my reps and their products. So I cannot narrow my product line down to 1 product. I hope they all understand this. I try to order a little here and there from them all. BUT. the people over at AEGIS are very good to me. I like their product very , very much. Works and looks as goods as any for a very good price. Throw that in with a top notch personal service, and I have found a winner. Their product is great, service is great, and the price is great, so, with that being said, I don't give a rat's ass where it's made,who makes it, or whatever. I'm going to keep buying it. I'm in buisness to sell and install window tint, Advantage films help make me money, I don't have time to ponder the universe and what's what inside a box of money.

Archived