True Black Changing to True Brown

Guest gabe

Been using EWF true Black for about a year and a half now. Yesterday a jeep liberty came in for one window repair I had tinted all the way around about a year ago. I noticed after retinting the window the other windows looked brown compared to the fresh film. So rolled the windows down and noticed some fading from the top edge. Has anyone else seen this with True Black?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EWF has ran this stuff through his tests/machines and i'm sure has seen this already :dunno

Hi TTS,

Correct!! How do you know us so well?? Are we that predictable ??

Yes. We observed the lightening of some of the pigments in the first generation of the product, which gave the film a brownish cast when observed under artificial light. Out in the daylight, the color shift is visible but the aged color is neither unsightly or attention grabbing.

I do not know the reason the subject car was in for repair, but I wonder if the retail customer remarked on the color performance. As professionals, our eyes are going to pick up things that our customers rarely if ever see.

We are now on our third generation of the product and the color performance continues to improve. Based on our continuous tests, it performs head and shoulders above every other film in that price category. It's not a color stable film and we don't warrant the color, but for anyone looking for a solid product at an attractive price, TB is hard to beat.

EWF does offer a full range of Color Stable films at attractive pricing as well. A growing number of our customers are using a Good/Better/Best strategy and positioning the TB right below the Color Stable "Best" films. We realize that this involves a greater investment in inventory, but the up-sell has a huge positive impact on margins.

-Howard

what is above the true black howard

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay there - I have been traveling.

In answer to your question, the films positioned above (and more expensive than TB) are as follows:

In our Global Line: QD/QDP/CHP

In our Classic Line: 1.0/1.2/1.5

The next tier up are the Auto Ceramics and the 4Mil Auto Security.

-Howard

Archived