do you guys pull panels on everything?

Guest r407328

Guest thetintshop

I don't know how you guys are doing it, but it's hardly possible to stick even a lil chizzler between the glass and gasket. how any of you are able to tuck the gasket is totally beyond me.

so we're all on the same page, we are discussing the 93-current rangers. the one with the tight azz gasket that sticks up past the outside molding by about 3/4 of an inch.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how you guys are doing it, but it's hardly possible to stick even a lil chizzler between the glass and gasket. how any of you are able to tuck the gasket is totally beyond me.

so we're all on the same page, we are discussing the 93-current rangers. the one with the tight azz gasket that sticks up past the outside molding by about 3/4 of an inch.

[*]244495

..or if it's the yrs B4 that..then your tucking a rubber that on most makes..not all..just pops right out without removal of panel using a flatheat screwdriver with a slight pry on each side of the inner tabs for easy removal..

Guest Sprinter

ok the tuck is not like tucking a car that is folded over front ways but in the ranger roll the window down and tuck the gasket underneth the door panel so the tuck is in twords the seats, when untucking this gasket just pull the panel twords you a little bit by the lock the thing that sticks up and the gasket rolls on out of being tucked and then run your bone along the inside between the door panel and the gasket and its like buttering toast...................................................the gasket is completly out of the way of laying the tint in there.

Well if someone can tint a newer Ranger cleanley, and without risking film and without pulling the pannels which takes just a couple of minutes, more power to them because I dont mind taking 5 extra minutes to get a professional job and not have to fight puckers, dirt or creases! :uh

Guest Sprinter
Well if someone can tint a newer Ranger cleanley, and without risking film and without pulling the pannels which takes just a couple of minutes,  more power to them because I dont mind taking 5 extra minutes to get a professional job and not have to fight puckers, dirt or creases! :uh

[*]244689

this makes it sound like the only way to get a professional job is to make sure the tinter pulls the panels!

That's what I thought was said. To each his own and no way is the right way, but just because the panels are left on doesn't mean it's not a "professional" job. Not trying to start a fight but I hate how some people think that tucking is an unprofessional way of doing things. It's just another way is all :krazy

Guest tintgod

to tuck or not to tuck...im going to say this the nices way possible..I think some installer just have a higher standard in their job then some..and (I) feel that tucking is just a little lower standard then pulling panels...this is my opinion.and my experiance.and mine only...take it as you will

Everyone's entitled to their opinion TG. But that's a pretty unfair opinion. That's like me saying you can't properly handle the film and you have to cheat by taking the panel off just to get it on their and that a real pro could do it with it on and a rabid monkey attacking them while they do so. Or that I take my pants clear off before wiping my ass' and I can get a cleaner, more professsional job doing it that way. It's just a way, no one's is right, and comparing tucking or pulling...no one's is better. And as for time, I know you can get a panel off in less than a minute, so time is really not a factor here. I just don't do it persoanlly.

Seriously though, they are all opinions but I just stay open minded as much as possible. :krazy

Man, this topic really is getting busy. I can't believe we haven't had a knock down drag out fight yet. :lol

Archived