What are you using to match factory tint !?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

yes this makes total sense to me and I relize were yall are coming from now. if this is where all the others were goin with it, thats kool my bad. I dont want to seem like I am braggin on the ill jobs. im not too certain how many request other tinters get about ill jobs where they are at...but over here u dont get to many legal request. thats coming from years at different shops. just doin what the boss says. about 20% of the jobs were of legal compliance

Guest solarspot

Well most on here do only legal installs and and I don't think they get any less requests for darker tint than anyone else. The difference is they don't do the job and the guy down the street is more than willing to do it. So this is a touchy subject.

Most of wish the vicious circle would end we have enough problems with pricing issues :lol2

I am curious how most you guys say that 20%, 18%, or 15% matches the factory back glass perfect or close. The rear factory glass is only about 24%-21% from the factory. So even if you put the lighter 20% over the factory 70% factory green glass it will be darker than the rear windows by a couple %. I think the front windows being darker than the rear look stupid.

Drop back to a 25%-28% film over the factory 70% and the fronts will look like a perfect match inside looking out and just a touch lighter looking in, so that the cops will be happy.

My 2 cents.

GM SUV list on the glass that their rear sides are at 18% +/- 2% and the rear on Tahoes for sure is 13% +/- 2%........

With light coming in the windshield the 20% films or even 15% will make it look pretty well perfect match to the rear sides.

As for the police? Unless the tint is a legal film then they are not going to care if it matches the rear or not.....the all know that the factory and even aftermarket front glass is stuck at the 70% range and nothing darker is going to exist. I have only seen darker glass in cars in Germany....they had some that were about 35%.

:lol:lol:lol

johnsons silloette does not match factory tint at all use the gray stone

I prefer Ray Guard. Thin like tissue paper but a very good match, color wise and optically.

Archived