3M Prestige films

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

What's the low down on it?

My MMM guys seem to be slacking on emailing me back. Can any 3M dealer use it or is it going to be like Formula One/Vista/etc?

Be a shame if they finally come out with a great product that'd help us little guys compete and they reserve it only for the big dogs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Looks like they are going to be selective in Authorizing Dealers. They approached us and wanted us to drop all of our film lines and carry Prestige exclusively. We told em :dunno

Guest Readyman

We signed on to become a Prestige dealer. Of course, we have always primarily used 3M.

:dunno

The Prestige line is expensive but all of the films look really good, and the numbers are decent as well. They are designed to compete with the Huper/HiLite/Spectra Select/ V Kool type of products. Some shops do very well selling the high end films, some don't want to deal with the higher cost of having to inventory the film.

Guest vclimber
We signed on to become a Prestige dealer. Of course, we have always primarily used 3M.

:dunno

The Prestige line is expensive but all of the films look really good, and the numbers are decent as well. They are designed to compete with the Huper/HiLite/Spectra Select/ V Kool type of products. Some shops do very well selling the high end films, some don't want to deal with the higher cost of having to inventory the film.

[*]397578

The film does look nice. I'm not impressed with the TSER on-angle marketing strategy. You can sell a ton of that stuff without even going there...

The film does look nice. I'm not impressed with the TSER on-angle marketing strategy. You can sell a ton of that stuff without even going there...

[*]397580

but to show a difference of 9% on angle could be impressive to customers, especially when most of the time the sun isnt at a perfect right angle to the glass.

its just another way to market a product that hasnt been used by everyone else.....................yet.

Guest vclimber

[*]397580

but to show a difference of 9% on angle could be impressive to customers, especially when most of the time the sun isnt at a perfect right angle to the glass.

its just another way to market a product that hasnt been used by everyone else.....................yet.

[*]397779

The NFRC administers the only uniform rating of windows, doors, and skylights. This is with the goal of providing fair and accurate energy performance ratings. The NFRC does not recognize the measurment of "TSER on-angle". Here is a good reason why:

The solar performance of windows is measured, as a matter of standard practice, with the sun (or radiation source) at

right angles to the glass surface. This makes cross-comparisons of the performance of competitive products

straightforward.

The claim being made about the --- line by mfg --- is that the performance increases as the sun

rises higher in the sky, in a way that other products do not. It turns out that this is simply not the case, and for a

revealing reason: As the sun climbs higher in the sky, the total surface area of pane becomes less directly exposed to

sun?s rays.

Showing a TSER on-angle measure may impress a customer, but isn't it misleading?

Archived