Camaro

Guest GETITWET

Guest GETITWET

Is there a thread on camaro rear glasses, Its been 3 years since I have done one, and even then, some would go easy some were nightmares< just looking for a thread to get some install advice, got one scheduled friday :lol2:lol2:lol2

I've heard rumor they can be done, w/o shrinking.... :nope

Never seen it done, but IMO best way is to shrink them wet... :dunno

I have done them with MD's dry soap method with great results as well....

They have always been somewhat difficult for me... But after a few tries they get easier.... :nope

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I've heard rumor they can be done, w/o shrinking.... :nope

Never seen it done, but IMO best way is to shrink them wet... :dunno

:nope you only need to shrink the 5 - 7 fingers @ the top of the window, the bottom will lay, and if your doing it wet, you can shrink the big bubble you get in the middle/lower portion of the window, but its not needed :nope:nope

:nope you only need to shrink the 5 - 7 fingers @ the top of the window, the bottom will lay, and if your doing it wet, you can shrink the big bubble you get in the middle/lower portion of the window, but its not needed :nope:nope

What he said. They are fairly easy to do. :nope:dunno

Just did one, it took me 4 tries on the back glass(97). I did it wet, shrinking 4-5 small fingers on the top. For the bottom, I did what I saw on TOTW. This is done by running the heat gun on low over those 2 huge fingers you get on the left and right, bottom of the back glass. Once you hit the finger, you lift film, wet again and repeat. I don't think I would of pulled it off if I didn't try this method. I installed it squeegeeing with horizonatal passes starting from right to left. I had no follow up shrinking when installed. Im 99% sure that next time, I can do it w/o shrinking the bottom at all. Since this car can be a pain for some, I thought I would share my input on it.

I seriously suggest doing a slight heating of that "pocket" that is in the dove tail middle on there....makes it much easier to install. I have done them without shrinking the bottom, but you better have TWO blue max squeegees ready to go...have to overlap and keep working it down....

Archived