ComputerCut is the biggest Joke in the tint industry !!!

jaketuckey

Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

Switch films if you're having that much trouble.

I love my ComputerCut system. Works great! :beer

You have never had to retrim the top edge because the edge it cut was not a good fit?

Not often. Now with version 7 you can fix that sort of thing easily within the program.

ComputerCut is still one of the best business decisions I have made. :beer

the best thing about CC is that you can alter the patterns. Remember the patterns are one person's view of how a cut should be. If you don't like it alter the pattern to your liking and save it. Then you have 2 options and if the pattern doesn't fit again its your fault not CC.

Guest visionwindowfilms

We've been using computer cut for a couple of years now and have found preoblems with the database as we get a few cars which don't fit, this is mor eof a problem when we are selling for DIY installation over the internet as it costs time and money. With regards to the film Ive always found solar gard pretty good on the plotter but have had a similar problem with a different manufacturers tint

Guest thatsnappyguy

so I was looking at film designs site and I seen the price which is about a $1k less than tint tek, and about $500 less a year....but for that price, you get just the tint or tint, ppf patterns, and other data base stuff like vehicle graphics? cuz I see there is a basic package that is really cheap and then theres the pro package.

Guest Apocalypse
Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

Switch films if you're having that much trouble.

I love my ComputerCut system. Works great! :thumb

What brand of film are you running through it?