ComputerCut is the biggest Joke in the tint industry !!!

jaketuckey

To keep "preferred" pricing on Computer Cut you must buy $500 per quarter in SolarGard film. If you don't the price goes up, you are not cancelled or banned from using Computer Cut.

Wow, that is reasonable. $500 per quarter is not much film at all. Most shops even single operators should be able to do a couple of boxes in 3 months...

Thanks Tim, I buy a fair amount of anti graffiti film from SG but my auto from Howard and didn't understand how it worked :thumb I think I have been using the CC program 11 years now and have nothing but excellent service and patterns from them all these years. Several years back I had thought SG wanted to put some distance between them and CC and dropped any film purchase requirements. Both are great people to deal with IMO :beer

ive been using computer cut with a dgi plotter for years. cut over 17000 patterns and have had little problems.when i do i call gary at computercut and he either fixes it,or informs me on what may have been done wrong on my end. i would never tint without it! It has definatly paid for itself.

The amount of film wasted with a plotter is extreme to say the least. A 20" roll on a plotter is not a 20" roll...it's an 18" roll. So you wind up cutting doors off a 40".

Example...Chevy trucks the work with a 20" Roll and tuck if positioned right for a hand cut. So two 20" x 34" = 40" x 34"

Plotter has to cut them off a 40" roll like an F150..longways....so the plotter uses a 40"x 42"

Doesn't seem like much eh?

Now do it for a Frontier, a Titan, a Ridgeline and bucket loads of the other makes and models taller then 18" that's when it starts getting extreme.

Patterns work.... kind of..most of the time...

On 10/27/2016 at 2:48 PM, TinterforLife said:

The amount of film wasted with a plotter is extreme to say the least. A 20" roll on a plotter is not a 20" roll...it's an 18" roll. So you wind up cutting doors off a 40".

Example...Chevy trucks the work with a 20" Roll and tuck if positioned right for a hand cut. So two 20" x 34" = 40" x 34"

Plotter has to cut them off a 40" roll like an F150..longways....so the plotter uses a 40"x 42"

Doesn't seem like much eh?

Now do it for a Frontier, a Titan, a Ridgeline and bucket loads of the other makes and models taller then 18" that's when it starts getting extreme.

Patterns work.... kind of..most of the time...

When I load film on my roland a 20" roll is 19"

most vehicles I cut using a 36" roll and if I need it larger I just cut it sideways :)

I cut all my ram windows and Silverado windows sideways. The ford ones sometimes I have to angle it

Very little wastage unless the pattern sucks.

truck_window.pngThis is a Silverado window

f150.pngNew F150 window

If you were to handcut this window you would need 24" x 36" = 48" x 36"

In the end its pretty much the same Size.

These photos are from precision cut off my pc

Which software are you guys using. I use computer cut from solar gard and it's probably one of the best out there. Now I do say that and haven't used a ton of others but just listening to others that have talk it's well worth the money. 

On 11/6/2009 at 0:23 PM, jaketuckey said:

Well I have been using/fighting with this ComputerCut system for the last year at our other location. I have been tinting auto glass for over 22 years and in January of this year I transfered to one of our other shops with a computer cut system.

I have to say it is the biggest joke in the tint industry!!! It is a waste of time and material. Cuts don't fit and need trimmed or are the wrong size all together. Film is constantly jamming up in the cutter due to SolarGard changing their liner a few months ago to a more rubber material and static is a huge issue. Rollers have been kept up and machine is always taken care of.

You spent 11 months and 3 weeks longer using their software than we did 15 yrs ago. Better call Brett at Film Designs

cheers